Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help! Tick head stuck in newborns arm (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409360)

CutiePatootiesMama 06-20-2012 11:38 AM

Help! Tick head stuck in newborns arm

I just found a teeny tiny tick on my newborn. I tried to get the whole thing but the head stayed in. Its like the size of the tip of a needle and I cant get it out. She and I are both hysterical. What do I do?

HeatherlovesCDs 06-20-2012 11:42 AM

Re: Help! Tick head stuck in newborns arm

If I was sure there was a tick head in there, I'd take her to the ped. I hope it's taken care of easily. :hugs:

kushie tushie 06-20-2012 11:44 AM

If its teeny tiny its probably a deer tick. They are the ones that carry lyme. I would take her in to make sure it all gets taken out. :hugs: mama! Hope you get it out!

How did you take the rest off. I try not to take it out unless I know I can get the whole thing out. Even if that means using something warm to see if the tick will back out of the skin a little.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Hands&Fire Pottery 06-20-2012 11:45 AM

I would be in the car taking her in... sorry mama, I hope it's resolved quickly.

marliah 06-20-2012 11:46 AM

I'd call but I doubt the doctor will do anything :/ sorry momma ticks are so gross!

CutiePatootiesMama 06-20-2012 11:50 AM

Ugh dh is at work with the carseat and I have no car, all he said was "I can't help you right now" ugggh

Agla 06-20-2012 11:55 AM

Ok just try and calm down and get you and babe calm. Use tweezers and really get a firm hold before you try pulling it out again. I know super gross. They are stubborn so you might have to really tug.

We just had a tick here and we had to get blood work done and go in for the bite but not until the next day.

karabeth05 06-20-2012 11:55 AM

maybe just call the ped and see if they can/need to do anything for her? then if they tell her you need to bring her in use that to convince dh to come get you!

CutiePatootiesMama 06-20-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie (Post 15278789)
If its teeny tiny its probably a deer tick. They are the ones that carry lyme. I would take her in to make sure it all gets taken out. :hugs: mama! Hope you get it out!

How did you take the rest off. I try not to take it out unless I know I can get the whole thing out. Even if that means using something warm to see if the tick will back out of the skin a little.

I freaked and took it out with tweezers. I thought I had it far enough down, but it was so small obviously I didn't have it as well as I thought I did.

She has an appointment at 4 because I have to figure out the carseat situation. I am so upset this is happening and dh is being a jerk.

kushie tushie 06-20-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutiePatootiesMama

I freaked and took it out with tweezers. I thought I had it far enough down, but it was so small obviously I didn't have it as well as I thought I did.

She has an appointment at 4 because I have to figure out the carseat situation. I am so upset this is happening and dh is being a jerk.

Well whats done is done. Try to push the head to the top and then dig it out with the tweezers.