Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fully vaxing families? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409508)

MyLovely 06-20-2012 04:00 PM

Fully vaxing families?

Any out there? I'm starting to think they're as common as unicorns on DS :giggle: Given all the anti-vaccination threads that abound, I'm curious to see the other side here!

Fully vaxed (adult) family here, planning all vaccines (except delaying hep b to the teen years) for kiddos to come :goodvibes:

Oh, and fully vaccinated pets as well :thumbsup:

sunshine_mama 06-20-2012 04:02 PM

My kids are all vaxed on schedule.

GreenDahlia 06-20-2012 04:03 PM

Re: Fully vaxing families?

My DDS are both fully vaccinated. Both my husband and I are as well.

isaacsmum 06-20-2012 04:04 PM

I think there are more here than you might realize. My kids are fully vaxed on schedule, and DH and I are up to date as well.

EmilytheStrange 06-20-2012 04:07 PM

Yep.

Although me and DD don't do flu. Hubby has no choice, he's military.

I might space them out a bit more though if we ever have another LO. The 12month shots were too much at once and she really felt it.

Hungry Caterpillar 06-20-2012 04:09 PM

We are fully vaxed for myself, DH, grandparents, and aunts and uncles.
My son is fully vaxed except for the 3rd in the rotovirus series, as he unfortunately came down with rotovirus before the series could be completed and the doctor said that negated finishing the series.

I had a disproportionate reaction to a flu vaccine in college and my husband has never had one. We haven't decided on flu yet.

editrix 06-20-2012 04:09 PM

All of us are vaxed on schedule too (even the dog). I even got an MMR booster the same time DD got her first needles because they discovered I didn't have the antibodies or whatever.

diana51 06-20-2012 04:11 PM

We are fully vaxed. I did delay the 1st hep B shot (the one given at the hospital) but that backfired because it ended up being documented that it was given although the nurse didn't think it was. So she may have gotten one of the Hep B 2x. I was not impressed with this hospital.

TS8213 06-20-2012 04:11 PM

My family is fully vaxed as well. I did delay the chicken pox vax with both of my children until they started Kindergarten (and had to have them for entrance), but that's only because there are a few vaccines that I don't truly believe are necessary. (Like chicken pox and flu).

I only ever got the flu vax once, and that was in Oct of last year. Shortly after that I had my 2nd tri miscarriage. I will never again get the flu vax.

eta: I should add that I work at a hospital and the only reason I got the flu vax this last go around was because I didn't want to be 8 months pregnant and having to wear a mask for 12 hours/day.

HeatherlovesCDs 06-20-2012 04:12 PM

We are too....when we get to the dr for our well visits on time. :blush: My kids are behind, but it isn't because I want them to be. It's because it's hard to get 5 kids 6 and under to the ped for well visits on time. I'm planning to call in the next day or 2 to get them all caught up.

I'm pretty much vaxed. I don't get the flu unless I am pregnant and the OB pushes it. :giggle: My husband gets it at work though because he works at a hospital and it's required. My kids get it if they happen to go to the dr. around that time. I don't make special visits to get it.

I think there are more vaxed on here than it seems like. I know I stay quiet because I am not interested in the drama or anyone's opinion about it. :)