Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   How did you know you wanted 3? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409689)

nbert921 06-21-2012 06:22 AM

How did you know you wanted 3?

I'm currently pregnant with my second child and i have a 13 month old. i constantly wonder if this will be my last time being pregnant. Part of me thinks yes, but part of me wonders if we'll feel compleate with 2 kids. How did you know you did or did not want 3 kids?

I'd also like to hear from moms of 2 kids. i just like to hear if your kids are happy with just the 2 of them.

this may sound silly, but more than us wanting 3, i'm worried that my kids will wish they had another brother/sister. I could really use some advice from other moms.

jemilyon 06-21-2012 06:32 AM

I have two, a boy and a girl, and we are due in aug with #3. I just had a heart tugging for another child. I get so much joy out of watching my children interact and there is so much love in our family (the result of some really hard times) that I just knew a 3rd would be a wonderful addition to the mix! Also, we care less about $ than most of our friends.
People ask me if we are done now. I always say im fine if we are and im fine if we arent...but we arent planning anything permanent to keep from getting prego so we probably will have a fourth! For me, it is too big of a choice to make, if that makes sense....

TS8213 06-21-2012 07:37 AM

There's a few ways I knew: when I held another baby and I'm sad to give it back and when I'm sad to see a BFN even when we weren't TTC. I also just never had that done feeling, even though dh and I always said 2 and done.

firemommaof1 06-21-2012 11:08 AM

Re: How did you know you wanted 3?

I just knew I wanted another one. When I did have two I thought this is nice I'm done ... but then I waited a bit and wanted another one. You will just know.

Holly dolly 06-21-2012 11:31 AM

We're on the fence with wanting another. I want another...but I also know that adding a third will mean some HUGE changes in our family...we would need to redo our 3rd bedroom and I would most likely quit work (my work would basically just pay for daycare with 3). It would be an adjustment...but when I look at my boys...although they *could be* enough...I feel like there's room for more.

It's a tough decision...

Fishie Kisses 06-21-2012 11:35 AM

I was LONGING for another. It was pretty overwhelming for me. It's starting to happen again. I'm trying to enjoy this time with all 3 kids able to play together before I have a needy newbie again, especially since #4 will be it for sure. I don't want to rush to be done just yet.

nbert921 06-21-2012 11:40 AM

yeah i just try to weigh everything. i think it's a huge deal to have a third with the cost of everything and then we will for sure need a bigger house and a bigger car-which all lead to bigger expenses. I think i'll know when i have two if i feel like i'm at my limit or if i want another. My husband is older and doesn't want to be too close to 40 having babies which i really do respect. so i feel like we will need to make the decision sooner rather than later.

What about moms that have only one sibling...do you ever wish you had more or it doesn't cross your mind?

I always do this to myself. I find something that just takes over my thoughts and cant let it go. I think i might just have to let this one to God's plan for us.

Lexy 06-21-2012 04:16 PM

I came from a large family, and wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I only have 4, and the decision to have more never was a question though, I'm always open to as many as the Lord wants to give me (more is better ;) ), but I was raised around families with 8-12 children. So stopping at any certain number, and def. nothing under 6 kids, never crossed my mind. Now, it has and does cross my hubs mind. so we are not on the same page there. I personally don't think your kids would be harmed if you decided to not have a 3rd and could be completely happy and satisfied children/adults. There are benefits from having lots of siblings, but there are also lots of benefits that come from only have 1 sibling. Kwim?

joeslittlewoman 06-21-2012 11:49 PM

Before kids we compromised at at least 4. After kids, different story. J's infancy was rough and I probably had undiagnosed ppd. We did decide (one night I was ovulating) to have another, who was born when J was 14mos. With back to back infants, we've really had to work on keeping our marriage tight, getting enough couple time, etc. And hubby feels stretched thin as far as being the involved husband and father he wants to be. We were pretty sure we would want a 3rd...down the line. Hubby is certain he is maxed out with 3, so I didn't want to wait too long if this would be our last (I hated not having siblings close in age--my closest sib was 7 years older). BUT we weren't planning anything for probably another year. Then, we had a surprise in May and it turned our plans upside down. We lost the LO, but we are now ready to welcome our 3rd, and possibly last child. We are anxious to start this new phase of our lives. I am very much looking forward to being a mother of 3.

MrsCrafty 06-22-2012 06:18 AM

DF and I each have 1, and we plan on 2-4 more. I grew up with a sister 2 years older then me and we are BFFs, my parents each have 7 and 9 siblings so I had cousins that felt more like siblings too. I don't feel like it just being my sister and I took anything away from us, but I know my parents wish they would have had more kids.
DF and I just say we'll keep an open mind, after each child I think you sort of re-evaluate, so that's our plan, but I'm really hoping for 4 more :goodvibes: