Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I should just stop reading fb posts :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409814)

juliasmom 06-21-2012 11:08 AM

I should just stop reading fb posts :(

My sweet friend's 8 month old is a velcro baby... I get it... I had one of those and sometimes you just want to go pee by yourself. I loaned her my Ergo a couple months ago and she liked it so much she bought one :) For a while she was posting pics and comments about her BWing love on fb...that made me happy. Today she posted about how her little guy has been screaming for 3 days straighy because she is trying to train him to be more independent by not picking him up when he cries :cry: Of course, other friends commented stuff like "stay strong, it will be over soon, etc". It makes me so upset for her, her 2 yo and especially the baby :( I dont know why anyone would think that a baby screaming alone without comfort would want his Mommy less. I didn't know how to reply...certainly not with my true, judgemental feelings. I just made a lame comment about how his babyhood will be over soon and she will miss the cuddly time.

I just had to vent to some Mommas that understand my POV :(

maddys_mama 06-21-2012 11:14 AM

I have a lot of people blocked from my newsfeed because their parenting views are so different than mine and I was sick of seeing stuff that upset me :( And, of course, no matter how gently you say it or how helpful you're trying to be, people automatically jump on you that you're attacking them simply because you disagree with them!

Palooka 06-21-2012 11:18 AM

Re: I should just stop reading fb posts :(

It sounds like she's really haggard and desperate for a cure. I agree, not picking up a crying 8 month old seems insane bordering on abusive... but maybe she doesn't know any other way? could you offer to help her with childcare or have a mommy day together?

MDever 06-21-2012 11:19 AM

One of many reasons I cancelled my FB. There is nothing you can do to help that poor baby and it just breaks your heart.

juliasmom 06-21-2012 11:26 AM

It does break my heart! She is a sweet friend and usually a responsive, sensitive Mom. I know she must be desperate and at the end of her rope... I think she just took some bad advice form another friend of ours who is very un-AP. That friend seems to be the main cheerleader on the thread :( She posted that her neighbor just came and got him for a "playdate"...

Happy Mommax4 06-21-2012 11:33 AM

I hate face book!!!!! Ugh I can totally relate, I need to stop going on there.

I'm bad w words but could u kindly offer her assistance or advice? Mostly for baby's sake? Not picking up your baby? Who does that-I thought that was the point of an ergo, for me anyway.

I have a Velcro baby (14mo) and that's why I BW, really its easier.

I recently read a post from my SIL who we really have no relationship w, she has a one mo old. She posted how she sttn after drinking 5oz of formula of course! Gross who would breast feed, roll eyes. Then she goes on to say that baby still isn't back up to her birthweight and ped doesn't wanna see her another month!!!

Hello, all of my breastfed baby's came home gaining and my ped would never let them go w/o gaining.

Plus she just doesn't bf bc it's "gross" so no flames, ok hijack over

Hmmm maybe I should take my own advice?

Almacham 06-21-2012 12:45 PM

That's extremely sad. :(

bluedaisyma 06-21-2012 12:48 PM

:( I get sad at those things. And I try not to comment bc I know I will sound snarky

waterisntsomething 06-21-2012 12:55 PM

So sad! thankfully I'm not friends with anyone of FB who parents very differently from me. Most are in college though.

AbbieJack 06-21-2012 01:19 PM

While it is sad that the poor baby had been crying for three days, there is such a thing as self soothing. I don't pick my kids up every time they whimper . I would not leave them if they were full fledged crying and truly needed me. I think this mamma is tired and she may need a little help. How about you ask if she would like you to come over and help instead of bad mouthing her online.