Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Another sleep thread...sorry! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410138)

Aubrey<3Gavin 06-22-2012 01:41 AM

Another sleep thread...sorry!

Oh my word. Here it is, 3:30am and I'm in the living room with DD almost 8 months. Help! I've already been up for more than an hour with her. I got tired of her literally climbing on me in the bed and just brought her out to the living room to play and get retired. I know this is. It the way to handle it, but I don't know what else to do! She isn't just restless....she is wide awake!!!

I feel like she isn't sleeping enough and I know that isn't healthy for either of us, but I don't know how to fix it. I couldn't even get her to sleep before about 11:30 pm!!! This has been the case for a few nights now. Ideas? Thoughts? Yawn...

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

hilaryisinked 06-22-2012 06:50 AM

How are her naps? My 6 month old doesn't nap for more than an hour total each day and is constantly restless. It takes hours to get her to sleep at night and then she is wide awake in the middle of the night also. I know the naps are it which is why I ask. I just can't get her to nap more.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Aubrey<3Gavin 06-22-2012 08:59 AM

Naps are all over the place. I know that is a problem too. She is a classic sleep fighter. I don't know how people just put their kids down for a nap whenever. Or at least, when you're searching on the Internet that is how it seems. I know we need a better night routine, but I don't know how to do that either. I mean, I know what I read, but I can't seem to implement them well. I could do the routine and rock her, nurse her, let her fight for two hours. Is that how it is supposed to go and eventually it gets shorter? It seems like when I start to get a routine or feel like I've found a "trick" to getting her to sleep it will work for about a week before she figures it out that x = sleep and then she'll start fighting that too.

FYI her sleep yesterday was this. Up at 5am. Slept from 6-9am. Slept from 12:30-1:30. Slept from 3:30-6:30. Started trying to put her to sleep around 9pm. Didn't actually get her to sleep until 11:30pm-2:30am. Back to sleep at 3:50am-6am. Slept again from 7:20am-8:-10am fed her and back to sleep around 8:30am (I think...I fell back asleep while nursing). Up officially for the day at about 9:45am.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

hbee 06-22-2012 09:43 AM

When I first implemented a routine, I only let DD nap twice for half an hour each during the day. I gave her a bath, lotion then a bottle and rocked her to sleep.

It was hard and felt mean, but she learned when to sleep. We adjust when we need to, now bath is done by 7 and the whole process takes less than 45 min on a hood night.

I also have a sleep fighter. :hugs: