Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Anyone started their diaper stash yet? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410145)

lizxvx 06-22-2012 04:35 AM

Anyone started their diaper stash yet?

I'm interested to see what everyone is stocking up on since I'm a newbie to this whole cloth diapering thing. :cd:

So far we've got some Happy Heinys, cheapo China diapers, a few flats, some more cheapo diapers (Alva) on the way, Bumkins on the way, and about to order some bamboo fitteds.

SassyMomma27 06-22-2012 05:03 AM

Re: Anyone started their diaper stash yet?

i went to youtube and watched reviews about diff cloth diapers and bottles to see what other moms thought there is alot of them too!

lizxvx 06-22-2012 05:47 AM

Yeah, I've been using youtube as well to find out some info. Thank goodness there are tons of ladies out there that love making review videos. :)

romansmommy 06-22-2012 07:45 AM

I've completed our NB stash :) I didn't start CDing DS until he was a yr old and this will be our last baby so I went with a mix of almost everything I wanted to try. Reviews for some weren't so great but with only a few of each, I figured they were worth a try. Here's what we have:
Infant prefolds
Thirsties covers-XS & S
GMD small flats
KL0's
Dry Bees fitteds
Bitty Bliss fitteds
BG AIO-XS & S
Lil Joeys
Grovia NB
Tots Bots Tiny fits
NB Simplex
Bitty Bee AIOs
Softbums Echo shells & mini inserts
Applecheeks size 1

After the NB stage, we have a full stash of BG 4.0s with Flip organic inserts that baby will use! I love going through the tiny diapers and am having a hard time not prepping them now but I know I'll want them all fresh and organized once the nursery is finished so I'm trying to be patient :)

keonli 06-22-2012 07:50 AM

I've started mine and it's so much fun because I didn't CD DS until he was 7 or 8 months. We're going to stick with flats and covers in the beginning, and then make our way to our current stash of prefolds. I sold all my OS pockets so I'll be adding those to my stash in January, when baby gets a bit bigger. Most likely will go for the Imagine pockets because they are so affordable.

So far I've received:

3 flip covers (I think they'll fit a newborn well!)
2 Thirsties Duo Wraps size 1 (these might fit too!)
3 Blueberry Coveralls OS (much too big for a newborn and I found the aplix to be a bit rough)

From previous experience, the BB covers were GREAT for my son until he potty trained so I know I'll love them later on. Right now, I'm a bit disappointed in them because I had forgotten that they run big.

I will order 3 dozen flats later on and some snappis and boingos.

Emmers22185 06-22-2012 08:27 AM

so far all I have ordered is 3 dozen gmd orange edge. I have to sell one dozen in order for dh to let me get some workhorses instead. I will also be getting 4 or 5 Thirsties Duo size 1 and a few snappis and that is it. I have a full stash from 10 lbs on (flip system and prefolds, etc.) and other than selling my pink ones if this is a boy to fund a few more gender neutral ones, I am pretty much done. We find out gender on July 9- only about 2 more weeks!

lissa~K 06-22-2012 09:47 AM

I have a bunch of newborn fitteds from my last two, they are a mix of mutts, bizzybeehives, bitty bliss, and a few random ones. I kept all of my favorites. I also just bought a dozen unused XS BG aios from my sister so I'm looking forward to trying those out. I have about three dozen orange edge prefolds too but I don't use those at first. Our preferred system is fitteds and wool for the tiny newborn stage (and this time a few AIOs thrown in) and then after those are outgrown we use orange edge prefolds trifolded in small covers and then graduate to padfolded flats in covers until potty training. So essentially I am almost completely set for this little one.

lizxvx 06-22-2012 10:25 AM

You guys make me feel so unprepared! I better step up my diaper shopping. :) It seems like the average for prefolds is to have 3 doz.? Just trying to get a idea for how many I should order. Thanks ladies!

keonli 06-22-2012 11:04 AM

For newborns, the general rule of thumb is about 3 dozen if you wash every other day. You might also want some liners (or make your own out of fleece, just cut them into rectangular strips) to make it easy for the sticky poo and to prevent staining if that bothers you.

What type of prefolds are you going to buy, and what size?

KeeperAtHome 06-22-2012 12:38 PM

I have! I will be cloth diapering my 1 year old soon (after I get everything I need for him) so I have been stocking up for new baby at the same time. So far I have:

6 newborn prefolds
12 small prefolds
20 medium prefolds - Got these last year off craigslist and used them as burp cloths. Does this count as up-cycling? Haha!
12 large prefolds
12 small flats
6 thirsties duo wraps size 1
4 x-small tiny tush covers
2 kawaii covers OS
6 flip covers OS
2 large thirsties hemp doublers
2 size 1 snappies
2 size 2 snappies

Most of my stash are craigslist, ebay and thrift store finds. The rest are seconds and good sales online.

I am making my own wipes and stay dry inserts. I am looking for some fitteds and more doublers. I think I am set on everything else...?! I may get some more newborn prefolds, but I am hoping to be able to use the small prefolds and flats as well without problems. Plus if I have some newborn fitteds... :D