Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   clicking tongue and nipple smacking (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410262)

blueone 06-22-2012 10:53 AM

clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
DD seems to have issues with clicking her tongue when feeding. She only does it on the bottles and I have no idea how to fix it. She'll smack at the nipple too sometimes. She does it with Born Free and Playtex bottles. The only ones she didn't do it with were Dr. Browns with the small nipple. I DO NOT want to buy another set of bottles. She was really gassy with Dr. Browns anyways.

Oh, I should add she gets air when she does this. I have to burp her a ton when she does this.

blueone 06-25-2012 12:05 AM

Re: clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
Well apparently dd is the odd one here. We switched back to dr. Brown standard and it stopped. She couldnt get a good latch on born free. She had a better one on playtex but would spit up a lot after a feed. Now i gotta work on her latch while bfing since she has a bit of nipple confusion now.

ShaybeBaby 06-25-2012 12:13 AM

Aw I hope the nipple confusion doesn't last to long glad your dd is doing better on the bottle now:)

hpfgirl 06-25-2012 12:21 AM

My dd does the clicking on the breast and on the Gerber nipples. Pedi mentioned she has a highly arched palette, so I believe that is the cause. She's getting enough to eat though (12 lb 4 oz at her 1 month appointment), so I'm not too worried. She does need to burp a LOT and gets pretty gassy. Maybe I'll try some different bottle nipples so she doesn't have a hard time when she goes to daycare in a few weeks.

lilmomma83 06-25-2012 11:55 AM

Re: clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
Clicking along with reflux and foods sensitives are all sign of tongue tie... My DD had a you're tie and she can only latch to a Dr brown also and Playtex make her spit up.

Apfgirl, high pallet can also be a result of tongue tie

hpfgirl 06-25-2012 12:41 PM

Do the Dr Brown nipples fit on Gerber bottles? Or do you have to buy the whole thing?

blueone 06-25-2012 07:19 PM

Re: clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmomma83 (Post 15305615)
Clicking along with reflux and foods sensitives are all sign of tongue tie... My DD had a you're tie and she can only latch to a Dr brown also and Playtex make her spit up.

Apfgirl, high pallet can also be a result of tongue tie

I'll mention that to the pediatrician when we finally get our Triwest going. I was thinking she might have a posterior tongue tie, I realized I do when I was looking at pictures and reading up on that. She does have reflux. Food Sensitivities run in the family.

I don't think the Dr. Brown nipples will fit with the gerber unless you have a standard sized bottle. We use the standard (small) nipples. I got the whole system since I didn't have a bottle they would fit in.

lilmomma83 06-25-2012 08:08 PM

Re: clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueone (Post 15308009)
I'll mention that to the pediatrician when we finally get our Triwest going. I was thinking she might have a posterior tongue tie, I realized I do when I was looking at pictures and reading up on that. She does have reflux. Food Sensitivities run in the family.

I don't think the Dr. Brown nipples will fit with the gerber unless you have a standard sized bottle. We use the standard (small) nipples. I got the whole system since I didn't have a bottle they would fit in.

Yes, mine had a posterior. Here's a link to my blog pics of my ...a few other entries on posterior tongue tie as well.. http://birthboobsandbabes.wordpress....-tie-pictures/

blueone 06-25-2012 09:27 PM

Re: clicking tongue and nipple smacking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmomma83 (Post 15308330)
Yes, mine had a posterior. Here's a link to my blog pics of my ...a few other entries on posterior tongue tie as well.. http://birthboobsandbabes.wordpress....-tie-pictures/

Thanks! I was wondering what a tongue looked like without a tie. DH has one too and DS has one as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors