Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   best belly binder? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410343)

chello 06-22-2012 01:35 PM

best belly binder?

I'm looking for something comfy, supportive, very adjustable, and as discreet as possible under clothes. And inexpensive, of course. Is this possible?

Anyone have reviews on this one? It seems like it's good but runs really big...
Or this one?

Or something else? TIA!

itslilma 06-30-2012 07:33 PM

Re: best belly binder?

I want to know too, I'm 4 days pp.

thaisa47 07-02-2012 07:54 PM

I used the one by Medela, and picked it up at BRU for like $25. Loved it - I used it for 2 of my babies, making double sure I wore it when the babes were in a sling.

el's mama 07-03-2012 12:45 AM

I've tried a generic one from Babies R Us, Belly Bandit and Tauts by Baboosh (Brooke Burke's brand). The BRU one works and is fairly comfy but it shows through clothes. The Tauts was a friend's and we both hated it. I love the Belly Bandit. It works, it's the most discreet of the 3 I tried and it stayed in place. I've read the bamboo Belly Bandit it super comfy but I'm happy enough with the regular one. :) Highly recommend it. I was back in my jeans in less than 10 days.

fishmom 07-17-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el's mama (Post 15343543)
I've tried a generic one from Babies R Us, Belly Bandit and Tauts by Baboosh (Brooke Burke's brand). The BRU one works and is fairly comfy but it shows through clothes. The Tauts was a friend's and we both hated it. I love the Belly Bandit. It works, it's the most discreet of the 3 I tried and it stayed in place. I've read the bamboo Belly Bandit it super comfy but I'm happy enough with the regular one. :) Highly recommend it. I was back in my jeans in less than 10 days.

I'm in the market for one of these as well. How did the sizing work for you on the bandit? I've read that some mamas needed more than one size.

ashley84 07-21-2012 03:12 PM

:popcorn:

I would love to see more on this. I felt like I was going to melt into a puddle after I had DS. I really needed abdominal support. I want to get a belly band this time around for support purposes only. I don't care about getting my stomach to shrink faster. Any advice?

Hillargh 07-23-2012 12:39 AM

I'm just going to get the c-section girdle thing from the hospital and use that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

3GirlieMommy 07-24-2012 09:49 AM

I used the Bamboo belly bandit (got the smallest possible size because your belly will naturally go down fast but even faster with the bandit) and was pretty happy with it. You have to wear it all the time which is a little annoying but definitely worth it. It is expensive though. I'm thinking of selling mine and I have seen others here on DS so you may want to give that a try.

The second binder I recently got because I learned about something called the Tupler Technique, is one of the binders she sells on her site. It's not as comfortable but is more effective at pulling the stomach muscles together (which Julie Tupler says is why so many of us have bellies that stick out in the first place after having a baby).

HTH:thumbsup:

onkiekat 08-01-2012 01:11 PM

This one: http://www.amazon.com/Leche-League-I.../dp/B0049MCKDA
Loved it. I should have gotten a small, though. I got a medium, and it worked great for right after, but it was too big after a week or so. I am about 5'4" and weighed 165ish preg, and am not down to about 140 (3mo PP). I do love that when I wanted it off, all I had to do was pull the velcro! I wore it for about 2 weeks. If I had gotten it smaller, I would have worn it longer.

Mistymama 08-02-2012 01:34 AM

I used the belly bandit last time & LOVED it!