Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Do you let your girls play with Barbie dolls? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411382)

hac1224 06-25-2012 07:35 AM

Do you let your girls play with Barbie dolls?

Simple question, not looking for a big debate. My oldest daughter (4yrs) is just starting to ask for them, and we're on the fence. If you let your kids play with normal plastic toys (instead of just wood, cloth, etc.), is Barbie allowed in your house or not? Any restrictions on type/clothing?

threestraycats 06-25-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Do you let your girls play with Barbie dolls?

yes:)

threestraycats 06-25-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threestraycats (Post 15304230)
yes:)

eta: we don't do bratz or monster high but my dd had no interest in those. clothes are age-appropriate.

Squig'sMumMum 06-25-2012 07:39 AM

We have Barbies, mostly the Disney Princess ones, also Fairies but they aren't 'Barbie' brand. We have 2 or 3 actual Barbies as well, but I am not big on most Barbies now.. As long as the clothing isn't too revealing or provocative, it's okay.

mcpforever 06-25-2012 07:42 AM

Yes. We've gotten a few of them as gifts and none have been inappropriate. I would just change the outfit if they were. We got a pediatrician Barbie from some kids' meal once. Happy with that one for sure!

Mac & Cheeses mom 06-25-2012 07:44 AM

We do Barbie, but we did the my scene ones for the first Barbies because they were more teen looking than adult looking. We also didn't do Bratz until she was 8 and monster high we started when she was 10.

We have no problem with Barbie, but i did want ones that were younger looking then the normal Barbies. That may be why we didn't mind Bratz to much.

We also did the movies an DD2 who is 17m loves the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Leah52 06-25-2012 07:44 AM

We've never said "No, you can't have Barbies" and a few have made their way here but we don't typically buy them. My girls don't really have much interest in them, when they were little they played more with their Little People and now they mostly play outside. Sometimes they will dig out an old Barbie and make clothes for it out of scraps but that's about the extent of them playing with them.

Joyful Tie Dyes 06-25-2012 08:00 AM

I would yes :)

hilaryisinked 06-25-2012 08:01 AM

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

abunchoflemons 06-25-2012 08:04 AM

Yes