Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Changing doc/midwife in the middle of pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411508)

boekesec 06-25-2012 01:06 PM

Changing doc/midwife in the middle of pregnancy?

I'm considering leaving my OB because I'm really not happy there (full story is on the FB page, but basically the midwives I started out seeing there are both leaving so I have to see the OB's instead but I don't like them). Anyone else switched doctors or midwives partway through pregnancy? Was it stressful or a big hassle? I am tempted to stay at this practice just because I don't want to get myself all stressed out over this while pregnant, but I'm also really not happy with where I'm at and I'm coming up on the part where you are at the doctor ALL the time and I hate to think of going somewhere I don't like every 2 weeks or every week. I know it's probably worth it to switch, but worried about how much hassle moving paperwork and so on will be.

basMama 06-25-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Changing doc/midwife in the middle of pregnancy?

I did it! It was simple, they just faxed all my records to the new doctor. I switched at 20 weeks and I it was the best choice , I was miserable at the other office.

ofthemoonsglow 06-25-2012 01:43 PM

I switched from an OB practice to a birth center with midwives when i was about.. 5 or 6 months pregnant. It was the best choice i ever made!! and it didn't stress me out at all it just made me happy because the midwives were soooo much nicer, smarter, and calm.

boekesec 06-26-2012 12:07 PM

I'm glad it sounds like it was so easy for you guys...I made my next appointment with a different midwife that a friend of mine used and loved, so I am excited about the switch. I just have to find out what I have to do to get my records moved over and we should be set! I hope I can just call, but they will probably make me come in and sign something. Oh well, at least I can be done with that place!

ofthemoonsglow 06-26-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen (Post 15311227)
I'm glad it sounds like it was so easy for you guys...I made my next appointment with a different midwife that a friend of mine used and loved, so I am excited about the switch. I just have to find out what I have to do to get my records moved over and we should be set! I hope I can just call, but they will probably make me come in and sign something. Oh well, at least I can be done with that place!

They made me go in, sign something, and pay like $7 to copy my records. :banghead: but in the end $7 was worth it to get out of there

boekesec 06-26-2012 08:31 PM

It would be for me too. I'm hoping they can fax the records, but we'll see.

NurseJessie 06-26-2012 09:27 PM

The records part should be no problem, you don't even have to tell your current office you're leaving. The new office should have you sign a release and they will send a request to the old office. Happens all the time!

MunkyCrazy 06-26-2012 09:55 PM

I switched with DS1 because I moved from OH to IL at 5 months. It wasn't too bad.

Keme 06-27-2012 01:15 AM

I'm doing it out of necessity because my insurance changes July 1st. For me, the decisions part is tough, but the transferring files (as others have mentioned) looks to be pretty easy.

I'd say go for it, you tend to see providers more at the end of the pregnancy anyway. Might as well make the switch now, before the "home stretch" rather than be unhappy with care for the next 3+ months.

boekesec 06-28-2012 12:29 PM

That was my though exactly, Kara! I wanted to be with someone I really liked before I started having to go all the time. And Jessica, I just got a release form in the mail from my new midwife, so that explains it!