Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homesteading (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   need help naming our farm!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411511)

chloecat 06-25-2012 12:14 PM

need help naming our farm!!

we need to come up with a name for our little farm. i'm gonna be selling at a farmers market and also for paperwork with the state and taxes i need a name!! help me out okay. here's a couple geographic facts and info about our farm

local roads near us:

"Three Square Hollow rd"
"Mountain Lane"
"Clay Hill"

the mountain I live on is called "blue mountain"

we have 2 american alpine goats with plans for quite a few more. we also have chickens and beef cows.

I was thinking about calling it "Three Square Acres" cause we live on 3 acres of land--what do you think or other suggestions!!

FernHollow 06-25-2012 12:27 PM

Re: need help naming our farm!!

I like all of those ideas. We have a 10 acre farm (raise purebred Nubian goats & heritage chickens) and I had the hardest time naming it. It probably took us a year before we finally settled on a name actually. I had the feeling that once I thought of the right name, we'd know it.

We ended up naming ours Fern Hollow Farm (hence my new username :) ) because of our kids favorite play area on our property. Most of our property is pasture, but we have a heavily wooded area with old growth cedar around our house. The kids are always playing in this area in the woods that opens up to an area full of ferns that has really beautiful dappled sunlight. I was watching them play there one day and it popped in my head. I've always had this thing for ferns, so it seemed just about perfect.

Anyway, my suggestion is to think on it because it likely you will find the perfect meaningful name that "fits". Good luck, farming is such a ton of work, but so rewarding! :D

sahmofthree 06-25-2012 01:07 PM

I really love Three Square Acres!

chloecat 06-25-2012 01:45 PM

thanks mamas

mommagruber 06-25-2012 01:58 PM

I love "Three Square Acres" !!! :twocents:

Mac & Cheeses mom 06-25-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernHollow
I like all of those ideas. We have a 10 acre farm (raise purebred Nubian goats & heritage chickens) and I had the hardest time naming it. It probably took us a year before we finally settled on a name actually. I had the feeling that once I thought of the right name, we'd know it.

We ended up naming ours Fern Hollow Farm (hence my new username :) ) because of our kids favorite play area on our property. Most of our property is pasture, but we have a heavily wooded area with old growth cedar around our house. The kids are always playing in this area in the woods that opens up to an area full of ferns that has really beautiful dappled sunlight. I was watching them play there one day and it popped in my head. I've always had this thing for ferns, so it seemed just about perfect.

Anyway, my suggestion is to think on it because it likely you will find the perfect meaningful name that "fits". Good luck, farming is such a ton of work, but so rewarding! :D

This. I think we can give suggestions, but the name will just be there one day in your head when it's time when is the deadline for the printing and stuff for the Farmers Market.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

chloecat 06-25-2012 02:26 PM

i kind of need to do it now!! lol they started end of may and i just found out about it. so i'm hoping to get my stuff in and still get a spot

i really like three square acres --- so i think i'm gonna go with that unless the husband vetos it!

Geckmumto3 06-25-2012 04:15 PM

DP DP double post post post

Geckmumto3 06-25-2012 04:16 PM

I really like Three Square Acres.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "Hundred Acre Wood," because that is what I have told DH if we ever have more land I would name the farm. I laughed when I saw your location.

Our farm was Rockhaven before we bought it. We haven't named it anything official yet.

chloecat 06-25-2012 06:12 PM

oh that's so funny!!!