Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Frigidaire Affinity frontload washer: how to wash cd's in it (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411816)

anne_josh 06-26-2012 12:14 AM

Frigidaire Affinity frontload washer: how to wash cd's in it

If you have one, please share your wash routine with me. I am just barely figuring out how to use it to wash a plain old load of laundry :blush: I assume I use the sanitize setting, but thought I'd check before I try it and (with my luck) ruin everything. Help! Please! Thank you :)

mama2Holden 06-26-2012 06:31 AM

Re: Frigidaire Affinity frontload washer: how to wash cd's in it

I have a Fridgidaire Affinity. :) I would avoid using the sanitize cycle because it gets too hot for PUL and elastic. I start with a warm Delicate cycle with NO spin. I usually put some bac-out and a tbsp. of detergent in that cycle. I also add extra water through the water dispenser during each cycle, usually 1-2 gallons. The next cycle I use Heavy Duty with hot water & 2 tbsp. of detergent. (You can add an extra rinse here but I like being able to add more water so I do that in a seperate cycle.) To do my final rinse I use a cold Delicate cycle. Or if I need something quicker, I will do the spin- extra rinse option. But I always add more water.

I have tried a billion detergents it seems and the best I have found is Gain. We have hard water and it works well for us. I use 1 tbsp. in the prewash and 2 tbsp. in the main wash. I know that doesn't seem like much but that amount cleans the diapers and is easy to rinse out.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!:goodvibes:

eschillo 06-26-2012 06:56 AM

I have one as well. This is our routine...we just got it about a month ago and it seems to be working:
whitest whites cycle, prewash and stain pre-treat setting (top two buttons on right), max fill. I use eco nuts detergents so I just put the bag in with the diapers. Then I do a rinse and spin cycle...
I will use the sanitary setting on inserts and prefolds, it's a great way to really pull out any ickys on the inside, but keep anything PUL or waterproof out of that cycle...it will ruin it...

mama2Holden 06-26-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschillo (Post 15309933)
I have one as well. This is our routine...we just got it about a month ago and it seems to be working:
whitest whites cycle, prewash and stain pre-treat setting (top two buttons on right), max fill. I use eco nuts detergents so I just put the bag in with the diapers. Then I do a rinse and spin cycle...
I will use the sanitary setting on inserts and prefolds, it's a great way to really pull out any ickys on the inside, but keep anything PUL or waterproof out of that cycle...it will ruin it...

My Affinity is 6 years old. I wish it had a max fill option!! That sounds awesome!

ebee 01-19-2013 09:30 PM

I have a frigidaire affinity FL and have been starting to notice some stink in my boy's diapers, so I was psyched to find this thread. A couple of questions though...when during the cycle do you add the water? Do you add the water through the soap tray? Thanks!