Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sensitive Subjects (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411891)

stephbrown13 06-26-2012 08:39 AM

Sensitive Subjects

Hi! How long does it normally take to get approved for the SS board? I opted in yesterday but I think I still don't have access. Also, where will it show up? In off topic?

Fishie Kisses 06-26-2012 09:00 AM

Re: Sensitive Subjects

it's not an approval process, once you opt in, you're in. It's a Sub-Forum under Off-Topic

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 06-26-2012 09:00 AM

looks like you are in it :)

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 06-26-2012 09:01 AM

never mind, I need to put on my glasses, I thought I was in the ss board.Fishie Kisses is right

stephbrown13 06-26-2012 09:30 AM

Hmm, thats what I thought but it doesn't show up for me! I just see
Work out of Home Moms (WOHM),
Testing the WAHM Waters,
Request for Prayer / Updates,
Check Out My Blog/Website/ Need your Vote!

I also requested to opt in to M2M and Shutterbugs and don't see those anywhere. When I go to my User CP it shows that I've requested all three...

Fishie Kisses 06-26-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephbrown13 (Post 15310789)
Hmm, thats what I thought but it doesn't show up for me! I just see
Work out of Home Moms (WOHM),
Testing the WAHM Waters,
Request for Prayer / Updates,
Check Out My Blog/Website/ Need your Vote!

I also requested to opt in to M2M and Shutterbugs and don't see those anywhere. When I go to my User CP it shows that I've requested all three...

M2M does require approval, but mine only took a day. If it's been longer, I would pm a Mod :)

Harmony96 06-26-2012 10:04 AM

I'm one of the leaders for M2M and I'll set you up after my shower here in a few.

Sensitive Subjects used to be automatic, but it looks like that forum needs approval now, too. With that and with the Shutterbugs, all the current group leaders who can approve people are admin, and we're shuffling through moderator applications right now, so there might be a bit of a delay before you're approved. But in a few days, if the forums still aren't showing up for you, feel free to PM one of the leaders. The link in your Groups Membership page will take you straight into their profile.

Both Sensitive Subjects and Shutterbugs will be subforums of Off Topic, and M2M will be waaaaaaaaaaay down at the bottom in the Taking Care of Business category.

stephbrown13 06-26-2012 10:10 AM

Thank you! I don't mind waiting, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong or missing it somehow. Enjoy your shower!!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 06-28-2012 11:27 AM

I went through everyone , I changed it to apply because otherwise anyone can get in and we don't know who all is in there, like newbies who might not participate in the board would have access to those private areas of the board and we wouldn't know, it made me uncomfortable even though i don't start threads in there. Just wanted a bit more privacy and when newbies do apply, we can see that now.

Fishie Kisses 06-28-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 15322374)
I went through everyone , I changed it to apply because otherwise anyone can get in and we don't know who all is in there, like newbies who might not participate in the board would have access to those private areas of the board and we wouldn't know, it made me uncomfortable even though i don't start threads in there. Just wanted a bit more privacy and when newbies do apply, we can see that now.

that's really appreciated...thanks Sally!!