Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Favorite diaper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411914)

pottermomma 06-26-2012 09:40 AM

Favorite diaper?

So what is everyone finding to be their go-to diapers in these first weeks of life?

Derek will be 2 weeks on Wednesday and I actually REALLY like prefolds and covers! I have to jelly roll because he is so big and bikini twist is just too small on him but it works really well and since they are just prefolds I don't mind them getting dirty vs my pockets that when he poops in them I'm a little sad and pray they don't stain! Plus, the nb alva pockets I have don't fit him amazingly well yet, his legs are a little skinny for them but we haven't had any leaks so I can't complain too much... but then he gets the red indents on his back because I'm probably putting the diaper on too tightly.

I just can't wait for his umbilical cord stump to fully dry out so that I can put him in more diapers and stop worrying about checking every five minutes that his diaper isn't rubbing against it and infecting/irritating it! The cord fell off yesterday at 12 days old so hopefully it'll only take a 2-3 days to fully dry out.

fatfrenchfry 06-26-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Favorite diaper?

For newborns I would use prefolds with a snappi and of coarse a good diaper cover
like mother ease airflow cover. then start using Kawaii diapers the best.

babylovinmama 06-26-2012 11:08 AM

I have always LOVED my nb Mutts!! I can't wait to use them again. Although, like you with the pockets, I hate when my newbies poop in them because they're so squishy and pretty :giggle:

lemurkinsmommy 06-26-2012 11:34 AM

I really love my NB mutts and the fitted diapers I made :giggle: I really don't like my NB goodmama (glad I only got one!) which is weird because I like my OS goodmamas alot. For night times I really like the itti bitti tutuo and the apple cheeks size one. The Itti bitti doesn't leak at all and holds up all night for pee, the apple cheeks size one took some fiddling but now it doesn't leak either.

Also for staining concerns the sun will take out EBF poop stains :goodvibes:

tinams8 06-26-2012 01:14 PM

Very little is fitting my 6 lb babe! I didn't expect a peanut and most of my stash is smalls! I wish I had a few more tiny velcro covers because the prefolds are easiest.

scrapandsewon 06-26-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinams8
Very little is fitting my 6 lb babe! I didn't expect a peanut and most of my stash is smalls! I wish I had a few more tiny velcro covers because the prefolds are easiest.

I can only imagine! NB diapers are still big on my 8.5 lb baby.

Prefolds and covers are definitely in full use right now.
The itty bitty covers that are our go to for now, I made from the little comet tails free pattern, and they are still very close to her belly button.

I like the fitteds I made, but they cover her belly button, and her umbilical cord stump has not come off yet. I figured out a way to fold it down, but they are really bulky on her still.

bluemoonbutterfly 06-26-2012 01:44 PM

Nb simplex are my favorite. I am selling the lil joey, nb bg and nb grovia I have to get the funds for some more nb simplex. Vincent can wear all of them but they just fit.

princesslilahsmom 06-26-2012 08:26 PM

My baby isn't here yet but I can tell you from my 3 other kids that fitteds and wool are what works best for us. Prefolds were never able to hold in poo or absorb enough and I hate the red marks that pul covers leave. I love the nb fitteds with snap downs for the cord and then a soft stretchy knit wool cover over top.

bluedaisyma 06-27-2012 07:50 AM

my IKEA flats, I wish I had a ton more. I love flats and knitted soakers the absolute best, but I hate snappis, so that's the one bad thing about wool and flats. (I don't like pins either). I will switch to fitteds and wool interlock probably once he is a bit older (with part time EC, he can then unsnap his diaper to go potty)

foggierbard9 06-27-2012 09:00 AM

I loved are tiny newborn DDU that I made right from the start and the EZDipe2 are awesome also. The bigger newborn DDU fits pretty well right now and we are doing a lot of flats/prefolds. Favorite covers are the Blueberry Mini Coveralls, they fit so well. I was hoping I would really like our QSFWs that I made, but the fit on the waist is really bad, like too small, but the smalls are way too big in the rise, so I don't know...really sucks because we have tons in newborn and small size. She is starting to outgrow the DDUs and EZDipe2s so I have to figure out what next because she is still too small for the small DDUs that I made.