Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   My daughter spilled the beans (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412235)

Believer318 06-26-2012 11:47 PM

My daughter spilled the beans

We should have known better. We don't talk about our names with people because we don't want their opinions. We did this time talk with our kids and have "picked" a name. Titus will be our baby boy's name unless we just totally change our mind at the birth. Anyway, while my mom was over today my daughter said something about these little pillows we were making and how we will need another one, and I said yep, someday this baby will need one and she said, "yeah mom, one for Titus." My mother turned and just looked at me, like did she really tell me the name??? I responded with...well, that's the name we're thinking of right now. Then she didn't say anything.:banghead::banghead: This why we weren't telling people. I can't handle the indifference. I know she's not thrilled or she would have said so. And now I have 10 weeks to wonder about it. Oh well, we love it...I just have to keep reminding myself that. :mrgreen:

Xythnia 06-27-2012 03:37 PM

Re: My daughter spilled the beans

*lol*

Sounds like something my DD would do AND that my mother would as well. No, my mother will just say she doesn't like it. We announced the baby's name (Abigail) on Mother's Day and she scrunched up her nose and said it was an "old lady" name. Then she asked if we were really going to pick it. *sighs* Thankfully, I've gone through this with EVERY kid. She also thought Lillian was an old lady name but now she's forgotten about it, denies it and loves to tell people about her "Miss Lillian".

Yes ~ Remind yourself that YOU love it. She already got to name her kid/kids! And for the record, I think your kids have some great names!

silvergirl0007 06-27-2012 04:43 PM

Pfft, it's your baby and your choice. We're naming our son Trent and my in-laws love it but my mom and sister scrunched their nose up at it at first. I told them both tough cookies. It's my baby. Just a little longer until Titus gets here and his name will be set and no one can do/say anything about it. Not that they can right now anyways.

PurpleDaffodil 06-27-2012 08:50 PM

Sorry that sounds like my family, they can't understand why we won't share the name. It's because they are all so opinionated. In the end its your baby, I like the name Titus!

amberu 06-28-2012 04:43 AM

My next door neighbors name is Titus! I like it :) My sister once told me that my oldest DS name ( Devin) sounded like a po*nstars name....gahhhhhh So totally understand!!!!

rosenfried2 06-28-2012 08:58 AM

Ddc. I have a friend who named her son Titus and I love It!!! Such a great nam.. Strong, manly, biblical!

Nerissa 07-01-2012 08:15 AM

That is why we don't even start discussing names till about 34/35 weeks and we don't share before hand.

BTW-- I really like the name Titus.

The3LittleBerkhs 07-01-2012 08:39 AM

I like Titus too :)

By baby number 2 I was tired of the baby name entitlement my family felt they had. We ended up switching DS's name after we had originally decided, only because I felt pressured into the choice.

This time we just said we didn't know until we had the name we loved. Then I could care less about the opinions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum

Elizabeth Klingenberg 07-10-2012 09:01 PM

I love the name Titus!

I made the mistake by telling my mom when we found out we were having a boy that I wanted to name him August, after my late grandpa (my mom's dad). She was thrilled to say the least, but I told her not to say anything because my DH wasn't on board yet. Needless to say my husband doesn't love the name so we are considering alternatives...my mom now gives me a hard time asking if we have named the baby yet. Umm no mom, we are still considering other options...well she just doesnt understand because August is such a good name. It took both of us to make the baby it will take both of us to name the baby...(Rant Over ~ sorry to steal your thread)

thealmightyme 07-10-2012 09:26 PM

My DH is named after a book in the Bible too. His name is Genesis.