Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Some how I have a bladder infection... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412243)

WRmomma 06-27-2012 03:43 AM

Some how I have a bladder infection...

So the Dr told me that I have a bladder infection and put me on some meds for it... Too top it off the meds are making me incredibly sick. I havent been able to keep anything but fluids and crackers down... I'm thinking of calling and seeing if they can put me on something else. Right now I am taking nitrofuratoin monoh 100 mg twice a day.
It really is messing with my tummy. >.<

marliah 06-27-2012 07:43 AM

Re: Some how I have a bladder infection...

Dmannose works really well and it's just a fruit sugar. I highly recommend it!

emmehkay 06-27-2012 10:20 PM

I just finished up a treatment of that (like just rook the last pill 30 min ago). It didn't make me sick, but it did make me super drowsy. Are you allergic to kaflex (not sure on spelling)? That's what the doc wanted to give me (less sicky side effects), but I'm allergic so they did the nitro instead.

nak...please forgive typos

WRmomma 06-28-2012 08:48 PM

I'm not allergic to that. I called them and they changed me to something else. I don't have the bottle in front of me so I'm not sure what it is, but they said there is a slight chance that I may react to it due to my penicillin allergy, but that is so mild that I'm not too worried about it. Feeling much better now that I am off the Nitro though. I don't think that I ever want to take that stuff again. lol
You are lucky that all it did was make you drowsy. I honestly wish that is all that it did to me. I lost a couple of lbs because of it too. I don't take a great deal of medications. I actually try to avoid the dr in most cases, but I want to be in the best health for my lil one. >.> I think that I am rambling now. So I will stop and go to bed.

dmj 06-28-2012 09:08 PM

Try to drink plenty of fluids and use the rest room often :) Not that you aren't already doing that already. I was morning sick all day for all 3 of my kids up until 5 months so I wouldn't have been able to tell if it was the meds or just the usual feel yucky. I hope you start feeling better soon.

evasimone 06-28-2012 09:32 PM

Hope you feel better!

WRmomma 06-29-2012 11:33 AM

I always am drinking water, juice or milk. I Try to use the restroom as soon as I feel the need. Thanks for all the get betters. I am feeling much better now that I am taking the other meds.