Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   The Honest Co. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412735)

blackbirdmama*3 06-28-2012 08:30 AM

The Honest Co.

Has anyone used their products? I did the free trial and really like their products. I am considering doing the monthly shipements on the home products. Anyone have thoughts on the products themselves as far as ingredients that are used? I used the healing balm on my dd's eczema and their was an obvious overnight difference.

browneyedgirl 06-28-2012 04:00 PM

Re: The Honest Co.

I just got my first monthly shipment! I got the package they offer, the shamp, lotion, healing balm hand soap and Laundry soap. We love everything, I figure it comes out to the same as if I was buying CA baby or Seventh gen.

Jenette 06-28-2012 08:48 PM

Looks interesting. What was in the sample pack?

browneyedgirl 06-29-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenette (Post 15325184)
Looks interesting. What was in the sample pack?

It's a trial sized shampoo, lotion, hand soap, healing balm and laundry detergent. You pay $5, and it automatically enrolls you in the monthly delivery. You have to cancel if you don't want it.

vjbakke 06-29-2012 12:44 PM

I wasn't too thrilled with some of the ingredients in their personal care products. I would look into that more if you are interested in buying. Look up questionable ingredients on skin deep.

browneyedgirl 06-29-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vjbakke (Post 15327633)
I wasn't too thrilled with some of the ingredients in their personal care products. I would look into that more if you are interested in buying. Look up questionable ingredients on skin deep.

Do you happen to remember which ones?

ETA: they score pretty well on EWG skin deep.

TwinMommaplus2 06-29-2012 02:26 PM

:popcorn:
considering they sell disposables correct?

MamaJules 06-29-2012 02:48 PM

I got the trial. I actually haven't used any of those products yet, but I was not impressed with the diapers. We use sposies for overnight, and these leaked. But they are super cute!

kelpie169 06-29-2012 03:01 PM

We've used their diapers, wipes, laundry detergent, lotion, sunscreen, shampoo body wash, healing balm and other stuff that I can't remember at the moment. The ONlY thing I didn't like we're the wipes. They were hard to get out of the package and stuck together. The sunscreen is the only one I've found EVER to not make my oldest break out in an awful rash. Healing balm works great too.

vjbakke 06-30-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browneyedgirl (Post 15327695)
Do you happen to remember which ones?

ETA: they score pretty well on EWG skin deep.

It was a while back when I saw them and now the website won't let you to the product page without filling out a bunch of info. I will try to contact them about it. IMO if they are that "honest" they should list the ingredients right on their front page.