Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   How long after vasectomy are you still at risk for pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412866)

pnutandmunchkin 06-28-2012 02:30 PM

How long after vasectomy are you still at risk for pregnancy?

DH had a vasectomy a little over 5 weeks ago. We've been faithfully using our condoms but not always remember to apply right away. Last night, DH came to me concerned because he felt some of his "boys" slipped out before it was applied. Being that we're five almost six weeks out, I'm thinking we're probably okay, but wanted to check with others for some personal experiences. TIA!
BTW- I will be ovulating today or tomorrow based on my symptoms and this occured two days ago so definitely in the "red zone".

MDever 06-28-2012 02:33 PM

Re: How long after vasectomy are you still at risk for pregnancy?

Have you had the sperm analysis yet? Has there been action since the procedure? If there have been multiple ejaculations since the procedure the likely hood of leftovers:chuckle: would be super unlikely.

pnutandmunchkin 06-28-2012 02:41 PM

We are set for the first set of two sperm analysis in another 2-3 weeks with the second another four weeks after. I'm not sure where I read it, but it says it usually take about 30 ejaculations before the system is clear, but I can't imagine them living that long. I can't say we're in the 30 time region, but we're at least in the teens by now.

MDever 06-28-2012 02:45 PM

I have DH packet from the Dr. because he is scheduled for 7/27. Our urologist says to test at 8 and 9 weeks post procedure with no ejaculation activity the first week. There is no mention on a specific amount.

pnutandmunchkin 06-28-2012 02:50 PM

Yah! Our urologist said the same thing regarding the first test at 8-9 weeks and the second at 12 weeks. He said if any are found in the first specimen, he'll have to do a third specimen. His urologist was pretty sure at the 8-9 week time frame, it should be clear. I'm concerned because we're at the 5-6 weeks. I'm pretty sure we're okay, but I still have this small voice in the back of my head telling me to be concerned for the possibility.

tygr2410 07-03-2012 09:27 PM

DH just got a V Friday and he only has to do one count at 3months.

Mommy/4boys 07-04-2012 11:42 AM

My DH still had swimmers 6 months out from his V. They were talking about having to go back in. He was finally clear at 9 months. Good Luck