Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Oh crud, my poor daughter (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1413034)

blackberry75 06-28-2012 08:33 PM

Oh crud, my poor daughter

I have three boys-that I can handle. No need to teach them fashion or hair/makeup, which is good because I've no sense for those things whatsoever. Now my Bean is only 3m, but there will come a day when she may ask me how to put on eyeshadow or which skirt to wear w/ "this" top. WTH am I gonna do?!! I only know how to put makeup on in theory, it never really looks that good when I do it. Hopefully she'll be a tomboy. Having a girl is already proving more challenging than I thought. She's gotta be the only girl in my friends group wearing plain t-shirts and jeans:giggle2:.

Angel89411 06-28-2012 08:54 PM

Re: Oh crud, my poor daughter

She has 3 brothers. My bet will be tom boy. If not, hit a full service spa one day where they do make-up and ask them to show her how. As for fashion? Yeah...I'd be screwed.

ofthemoonsglow 06-28-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry75 (Post 15325095)
I have three boys-that I can handle. No need to teach them fashion or hair/makeup, which is good because I've no sense for those things whatsoever. Now my Bean is only 3m, but there will come a day when she may ask me how to put on eyeshadow or which skirt to wear w/ "this" top. WTH am I gonna do?!! I only know how to put makeup on in theory, it never really looks that good when I do it. Hopefully she'll be a tomboy. Having a girl is already proving more challenging than I thought. She's gotta be the only girl in my friends group wearing plain t-shirts and jeans:giggle2:.

I"ve got a almost 1 year old daughter.... and I always was and am a tomboy. I can somewhat put on make up but if i try for more then mascara i end up looking like a clown. :giggle2: I'm hoping my daughter is a tomboy too. Otherwise i have no idea what i'll do!

Computermama 06-28-2012 09:02 PM

I plan to let my sister handle that. She's the fashionista girly girl, and has no kids of her own, so I'm sure she'd love to take one of my girls in hand.

pcjs 06-28-2012 10:34 PM

That's what google and all the websites/videos are for. If I can learn boy, you can learn girl! :)

tallanvor 06-28-2012 10:51 PM

I am very much a tom boy, always was. I really have never worn make-up (little bit of cover-up in high school and the rare nail polish). My mom, aunt, and sister do stuff with my girls. My 11 yr old is not super interested at the point, but she does like having her nails done. As far as make-up goes, I don't know. I don't know if she'll really be interested in it. A lot of the interest goes with the way the mom is, I think. The girls that I have known that cared a lot about make-up are the ones typically that have moms that wear it. My mom never really wore it, and my sister and I never really have, either. My aunt, on the other hand, I don't think will check the mail without make-up on, and both her girls wear it just about everyday.

And I am certainly not trying to start a debate on whether make-up is or is not okay. Just stating that the level of interest a young girl shows seems to be tied up quite a bit in what her mom does.

jeebee 06-29-2012 02:55 AM

Don't worry about it. She'll learn it from her friends. And from the Bratz dolls.

Mac & Cheeses mom 06-29-2012 04:38 AM

I agree with above poster. I learned from friends...(not always a good thing). Also I have a best friend who has more girly in her than I do so I will have her teach my girls when they want I know. As for Tom Boy, DD1 showed signs early on of she was, DD2 is all girl so I think it depends on the girls personality.

DD2 likes her ties done at 1y soo yeah I'm in trouble here with her.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ajane 06-29-2012 05:50 AM

Somethings just come. I could NEVER do hair. Not even a simple braid and yet now I can french braid their har. ;) And, they seem to develop their own sense of style. Just yesterday my 4 year old came down stairs in a short, but full dress with tall boots. :giggle2: It was a dress that she had outgrown that was in the back of her closet and the boots were her older sisters old brown boots that she had outgrown that were in the back of her closet. Thankfully we were only going to the pool for swim team practice. :giggle:

magoose 06-29-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs (Post 15325325)
That's what google and all the websites/videos are for. If I can learn boy, you can learn girl! :)

:yeahthat: Youtube has tons of videos about how to do hair. I learned from my friends and from magazines when I was a teen. My mom never taught me how to put on makeup or do my hair.