Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   TTA while breastfeeding Advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1413631)

floprieto 06-30-2012 04:05 PM

TTA while breastfeeding Advice

Hi ladies,

we just had our third child April 18th, via another Csection. The OBGYN told me that I had to wait at least 2 years before getting pregnant again so that my incision could heal properly. I was on Mirena before I got pregnant with my 3rd, but it made me gain a ton of weight and i had tons of problems with it. I am exclusively breastfeeding and intend on breastfeeding her until she is at least 12 months, may go longer.

Due to the fact that I gained a lot of weight, I want to avoid diabetes, ect. so the plan is for me to lose weight now. I do not want to use any pills, IUDs, ect... so that my body goes back to normal and so that I can be successful at losing weight. We would like not to use condoms all the time either, as I have been known to have a reaction to some of them...

What methods of natural contraception do you guys recommend? I am a real novice in this area... I got pregnant less than a week after the doc removed my MIRENA, so i think it is safe to say that I am really fertile... lol

Please help :)

JasmineMama 06-30-2012 10:02 PM

Re: TTA while breastfeeding Advice

Do you have an objection to the copper iud? It has no hormones. I have bad reactions to hormones but I had a paraguard before and it was good. None of the hormonal side effects. Or you could try the lady comp?

Kap7270 06-30-2012 10:29 PM

I'm a Creighton Model teacher and really like that method. The only observations needed are checking for cervical mucus. It is very effective when breastfeeding because the mucus gives you advance notice of a possible ovulation. The couple learns the method by individual classes with a teacher (either in person or via phone/skype) who will provide personalized guidance to make sure that they are able to quickly use the system accurately. Let me know if you want to hear more about it.

floprieto 07-01-2012 07:20 PM

aleatha5: I was thinking about the IUD... just was in a lot of pain when they did Mirena last time :( I checked out lady comp and it sounds awesome! Does it really work though?

Kap7270: Could you tell me more about the Creighton method?

Kap7270 07-01-2012 07:46 PM

Just sent you a PM with more info :)

annb 07-03-2012 01:30 AM

I recommend Creighton as well, or Marquette, which is similar but uses a fertility monitor which makes it a little easier with breastfeeding.

taylortexan 07-03-2012 11:24 PM

Could someone message me with the Creighton info as well? Thanks!

Kap7270 07-03-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylortexan (Post 15348612)
Could someone message me with the Creighton info as well? Thanks!

Just sent you a PM too :)

bsbrown22 07-04-2012 10:44 PM

I'm interested in the creighton method also :)

Kap7270 07-04-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbrown22 (Post 15352575)
I'm interested in the creighton method also :)

Sent you a PM with more info :)