Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   August 2011 mamas - July chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1413803)

smblake 07-01-2012 08:06 AM

August 2011 mamas - July chat

Can't believe it's july already, our babies are almost one!

Dh graduated from residency last night :lostit:. It's family fun this week followed by a family reunion this coming weekend. We are excited but I know I am going to be wiped out after all of it.

TripleMbride 07-01-2012 10:22 AM

Subbing to the July thread :)

Dd2 is 10 months old today still no teeth here :) no sign of any either! Not complaining! I live in north Texas and its hot hot HOT! I'm thankful for not being pregnant in the heat this summer but on the other hand now I have 3 kids to load in and out of the car in the melting sun. Oh well September will be here soon and the heat will be gone again!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

heyuitsme 07-01-2012 07:43 PM

Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

shut the front door! it's july! i keep thinking I have all this time still to plan the kids birthday, but nope, not so much.

dagmomma 07-02-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyuitsme (Post 15337249)
shut the front door! .

I say this all the time!!!! :giggle:

I was watching Peyton sleep the other night and she did not look like an itty bitty baby anymore. She was 11 months on the 1st!!!! She has such an amazing personality and I get the royal treatment when I am out and about with her. Grocery shopping takes for ever bc it seems like everyone just stops and plays and talks with her. People have actually started dancing with or for her.

Yesterday we went to a minor league baseball game in 106 weather. We had a good time though and the heat did not bother us. We had some red cheeks but we stayed hydrated and in the shade. I felt really bad for the players though but I am sure most of them wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Dh told me the other day that he would like more children that he would always want more children and he just enjoys them. Not that I was shocked but I thought after three he would be done. We decided that I need to get as healthy as I can (my decision really) before we tried again but we are NTNP. As for healthy, just mentally and physically. The Mental part is bc we live in a town that has nothing to do and I feel stuck here. But dh has made it a point to get us out on weekends for my sanity and it has really helped! Physically is basically me getting my body flowing by doing some yoga and going for a walk or jog--nothing to crazy. I feel best when I do that. It helps me stay alert and peaceful if that makes any sense.

Well happy monday everyone and enjoy the heat!!!!

estradaamyl 07-02-2012 08:18 AM

Hello everyone! I'm trying my best to get over a weird cold that has really wiped me out. I don't get how I got a cold in summer and nobody I know is sick. :headscratch:

Caspian is walking all over now. He figured out how to stand up without pulling up on something. He is fully enjoying all the berries from the garden. He figured out pretty quickly he could eat just about anything in there. He opens the garden gate like a pro. :giggle: Oh! And he has really started communicating what he wants. He loves to point at everything. "that!" I was reading to Juniper on the couch and he was on the floor walking around complaining. I finally asked him what do you want Casper? He walked over pulled down my shirt, pointed at my boob and made a smacking sound with his mouth! :giggle2: at least I knew what he wanted!

mommabritt 07-02-2012 12:08 PM

WOW!! It's July??!

Melissa, huge congrats to your Dh. What an awesome accomplishment! I'm sure fun week will be draining, but so worth it!

Alison, that is so cute!! People love babies. :)

Megan, sounds like a good plan! Sorry it's so hot there, can you park in a garage so you do have to be in the sun to load/unload? That saves me...

Naomi, I share in your shock. Where did the last year go???

Amy, sounds like Caspian realizes already that with two big sisters he's gonna have to make himself known! Atta boy! So did you do another test yet?

Afm, I've sad that dd will be one next month. She is also walking all over and I feel like my baby is disappearing before my eyes. :( My mom is coming on Wednesday and we have fun planned during her visit. It's 100* here so the pool will be an everyday occurrence still.

sugar_crystalz 07-02-2012 03:05 PM

July... holy cow! Can't believe August comes next! I just got back from vacation to a box of undyed yarn that will be Senia's first birthday outfit... *sigh*

Anyway, we were down in southern WI from Wed night through last night. Had a pretty good time. Found a lot of great clothes for myself at Goodwill so that's always fun. We had a cookout at home (down there) on Thurs night with my parents and then both Fri night and Sat night (after the funeral and dinner) my aunt, cousin, and neice came over to hang out over wine and pizza. My cousin's daughter is 11 but gets along with my girls well.

We came home to find out that our shih tzu had been attacked by a pit bull Sat morning. He was gotten off right away but my poor little guy had his eye popped out so he's having surgery to remove it in the morning. :( He spent the night away last night and now he's down in the basement where it's cool and so the girls and I don't have to see him. I'm sure I'm picturing it worse than it is but I just don't want to look at that. I can't wait until he's back home tomorrow and I can give him hugs. At least Luke said he's happy and doesn't seem to be in much pain.

I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow being over, though. I don't even have a babysitter lined up, and then we have the surgery and Luke's brother's memorial bday party type thing. It's supposed to be at 3 but we're supposed to pick up Odie at 2:45 more than an hour away... I'm stressed, to say the least.

On the Seni front, she's huge and crazy! She started walking last week so that's fun. She has no desire for little steps- she wants to take off at a run but keeps falling over. I noticed she says "hi" too- I wasn't sure if that's what she was saying but she says it every time I pick up a phone. I have more to say but she just passed out on the floor so I think I'm going to take a pic and then lay on the couch with her!

estradaamyl 07-02-2012 08:54 PM

Got af today. Blah. Longest wait ever.

So very sorry Crystal about Odie. :( my sis had to put her schnauzer down today. Just overall crappy doggy day. :(

mommabritt 07-02-2012 09:25 PM

:hugs: Crystal. :( I hope your little guy is okay!!

Lifeisjoy 07-02-2012 10:12 PM

Hubby is off till thursday so we went to the memphis zoo today! It is really nice and huge ..kids loved it micah was standing up looking in the polar bear glass at him!

What do yall do with the babies for the 4 th fireworks?