Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   my son came home in someone elses underwear (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414131)

monkeymama07 07-02-2012 02:40 AM

my son came home in someone elses underwear

should say something to his school ??? I dotn want to make a big deal out of something thats not his school is AWESOME (and should be for what we pay) and does a fantastic job generally....

okay so I know in the kid world there are so many worse things and Im not mad but ewww...

In defense of the kids. He did come home in star wars undies and his dads says he left in star wars unders BUT they were size 8 and my son is wearing size 2t/3t so i dunno what the other kid wore home :giggle2:

Oh I should add we send them in swim trunks and they change into their regular clothes after they play in the splash park ... so I understand how it happened

blackbirdmama*3 07-02-2012 03:02 AM

Re: my son came home in someone elses underwear

I would say something. My dd came home wearing someone else's once. She and another 3 year old decided to switch after playing outside in the water. They were changing and decided each liked the others better! Her teacher now has one at a time dress so it wont happen again, she was very embarrassed about it when I told her.

melfinn 07-02-2012 04:00 AM

Wait did DS have an accident? Why would they be changing underwear at school? And why isn't someone watching them if they are down to nothing? Besides the ick factor why are they getting undressed?

monkeymama07 07-02-2012 04:25 AM

I should add that... they play in the splash park and have to change into dry clothes... I guess I should have said that... I get how it happened when they changed from the swim shorts to there regular clothes...

Computermama 07-02-2012 04:29 AM

DD did this once. She came home in a pair of too large little mermaid panties, and I knew the instant that I saw them they weren't hers. I don't buy character panties for her. She'd had an accident at school and the teacher had some extra sets of clothes just in case the child didn't have one with them. So perhaps that's what happened to your DS? Would reduce the squick factor since if they were a spare set that the teacher provided, they'd be clean.

jbug_4 07-02-2012 04:49 AM

If your not concerned about it I would just give them back and say "these aren't ours". In case they aren't spare undies and the other kids' family is wondering what happened to his star wars undies. I worked in preschool- if he said they were his undies and put them on we might question the size (if I remembered at pick up I might have said something about his too big undies) but if he said they were his and they looked like something he might wear we wouldn't inspect further. We've had same clothes different size switch before too- not with underwear though. But we never did anything that required more then one kid's underwear to be off at one time.

monkeymama07 07-02-2012 07:12 AM

ehh Im not overly worried Ill just take the others back and let them know they arent ours...

one time when he had an accident he came home in girls underwear one time but they asked us about it at pick up... I guess the wrong spare change of clothes got stuck in his cubby and he said they were his because he likes tinkerbell :giggle:

they all wear uniforms so i mean theres not a lot of differences in their clothing

they know we are a bit quirky ( I let my son wear and like what he wants so tinkerbell and strawberry shortcake exist in our house, he has a kick *** vintage my little pony collection his cousin gave him, etc) so I guess they thought tinkerbell undies were not out of the possibilities in our house (and are right if he asked for them at the store and needed undies Id buy them)

mcpforever 07-02-2012 07:17 AM

Do you label his things? That might help a bit. I totally see how it could happen though. My two boys are 6 years apart and they get their undies mixed up at times.

luvsviola 07-02-2012 07:29 AM

That is pretty funny. I'd wash them and take them back, and just ask what happened. I bet there might be a good story.

z2akids 07-02-2012 08:10 AM

I agree. I would wash them and just return them to the teacher. Kids mix up clothes all the time and I wouldn't consider something like that to be a failure in supervision.