Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   May 2011 Mamas Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414165)

justineybean 07-02-2012 08:25 AM

May 2011 Mamas Chat

I hope its okay, I am no longer going to be starting a monthly thread for us since participation is so low. I know we are all so busy with our lives! I did want to keep a thread open though for when mamas want to just stop in and say hi and give an update. I know I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing no matter the frequency. This is our thread! :) Hope everyone and their families are all doing well!

justineybean 07-08-2012 10:32 AM

DD took her first steps yesterday!! How are all of the babies? This thread is so lonely... :giggle: Hope everyone is having a nice summer!

Zookeeper 09-07-2012 09:32 PM

I can't believe it has been two months since anyone posted! Hope you are all well! :hugs:

justineybean 09-09-2012 09:11 AM

Hi!! I thought this thread was long forgotten. Nice to see you! How are your boys? We are doing well although dd and I are both really sick right now. :hugs:

Zookeeper 10-26-2012 10:31 AM

Geez, I just saw your post today! I thought I was subscribed to this thread! We are good :) Toby is still on the little side and doesn't live walking (but he can), but the kid is a TALKER oh my gosh, he has more words than Quinn did at 21 months!

We are buying a house!!! Very excited about that, hoping to be moved by January. I also just found out that I have PCOS...which surprised me, because I have to fertility issues. I didn't know that infertility isn't always an issue with PCOS. I have tons of other symptoms and my hormone levels are CRAZY. So, at least I have a reason for how I have been feeling the last few years. I am going to start a PCOS cleanse this week and start hormone cream as soon as AF is done...

Do you know if there is a forum for PCOS women on DS?

Hope you and that cutie are all better, we just had a bout with a 24 hrs bug and it knocked us for a loop. Take care!

justineybean 10-26-2012 06:55 PM

Hi!! Ironically I checked this today even though I haven't for at least a month. It's so nice I hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your having PCOS. I'm glad it hasn't caused you fertility issues but I'm sure there are plenty of other issues that can be hard. I hope the cleanse helps!! :)

Well honestly we have all been sick (mostly me) on and off since my last post here. I also had to have a breast biopsy for a lump I found but it was benign. Thank goodness! its been sort of a miserable fall season so far. I hope the rest of it shapes up soon.

DD is quite talkative too!! I am so surprised by it all because my son had serious speech delays and still has a bit of difficulty so I had no idea how "normal" speech develops. It's pretty amazing :giggle: the one word she does NOT want to say is "mama" though. I know it will come. I'm excited! Trying to be patient.

Hope you have a great weekend. Maybe we can revive the thread a little, even if its just us. Lol thanks for checking in. :)

Zookeeper 10-26-2012 11:15 PM

I'm ok with it just being us :) I'm so glad about your biopsy results. One of my friends just had to have a double mastectomy, she has triple negative breast cancer, which is hard to treat. But, she is beating it!!!

We have been kind of sick too, we all got a 24 hour stomach bug followed almost immediately by a cold of some kind. It has been frustrating, especially going to work while my boys are sick.

I still worry a bit about Toby and how behind he is physically compared to where Quinn was at this age, but I wonder if he is just focusing on the verbal over the physical and it is all ok. I thought we were supposed to be LESS paranoid with our second ;)

Work tomorrow, have a nice weekend!!!

justineybean 10-28-2012 12:21 AM

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( that's so scary! I've never heard of that kind of breast cancer. I actually got tested (as long as my insurance approves it) for the breast cancer gene since my mom had it. I haven't gotten results back but it makes me nervous. I hope everything turns out okay with your friend :hugs:

What is it that concerns you specifically about Toby? I bet you're right and that he is just developing more verbally right now, but if its worrying you, bring it up! In my area we have really great early intervention programs and you could always have him evaluated to see if his delays are significant enough to warrant some kind of intervention. :hugs: I know what you mean about not worrying as much with the 2nd child! :giggle: I think now you already know what to worry about and have someone to compare to so it just makes you more aware. Lol

That is the worst when you get sick back to back. As soon as you think you're getting to feeling better you get hit with something else. I hope you guys get some rest this weekend! I can't imagine having to leave them to go to work and also working then coming home and taking care of sick babies. You're tough mama!! :hugs:

justineybean 10-28-2012 10:02 PM

I saw you started a PCOS thread -- what a great idea! :) sorry I know you asked me if there was one already and I forgot to respond.

Zookeeper 10-29-2012 12:54 AM

Thanks! I still have to find a permanent place to put one, but it seems like there is some interest :)

As for Toby, I worry most because by this age Quinn had caught up and was packing in weight. But Toby is only in 5-10 for weight and 10-25 for height. He is a super picky eater. The only think I can consistently get him to eat is bread with peanut butter and any kind of meat. That and just how slowly he is to do anything physical. He is finally choosing to walk around more than scooting (never crawled), but he is still very timid about it. I take him to Gymboree each week and he is doing my children better with climbing since we started. I am trying to walk the line between being paranoid and ignoring a true problem. My friends think he is just focusing on verbal and cognitive development over physical and that he will catch up in his own time. I just want to do what us best for Toby and not keep comparing him to Quinn.

Sorry for the novel...this is what happens when I stay up too late! :giggle:

How are your LO's? You have 2 also, right? (I'm mobile and can't see signatures)!