Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   July Chat Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414266)

nicolemariep 07-02-2012 11:34 AM

July Chat Thread

Hey ladies. It's a little quiet in here, and I know most of us are over on the facebook group, but I thought that I'd start us a monthly chat thread over here to visit.

So, I totally starting to feel better (nausea wise), but I'm a hormonal emotional wreck. I spent the whole afternoon and evening yesterday crying (over stupid church drama), and I'm exhausted from it today. I had a right to be irritated, but normally it's not something I would bawl like that over. Stinkin' pregnancy hormones. Only 27 or so more weeks of this, right?

So how are you ladies doing?

american_mommy 07-02-2012 12:12 PM

Re: July Chat Thread

I have been taking the nausea med since last week and I can tell a real difference but OMG am I exhausted. And I got a stomach virus this weekend so was so sick over that.
I feel like sleeping all day and I can't because I have 5 kids to take care of and my house is seriously suffering.
I need a housekeeper but can't afford one.
I just wish laundry and dishes didn't need done so much

Tina5834 07-02-2012 01:06 PM

I'm having the hardest time getting my NT scan set up! The doc sent my referral to an u/s place that doesn't accept my insurance so instead of that office calling me or calling my doc and telling them that they just ignored it for 3 weeks! So they called me Friday and told me the news. So my doc sent a referral to another place that is closed on Friday! So when I called this morning they didn't have the referral yet. She told me to call back tomorrow or they would call me later if they get it. If the can't schedule me in on Tues or Wed morn I'm not going to be able to get it done. Which really pisses me off. Ugh!

Anyway, the Morning sickness is gone and if I get at least 10 hours of sleep at night I'm not so exhausted during the day. These round ligament pains are going to be the death of me though! I have to walk like a turtle in the morn!

nicolemariep 07-02-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by american_mommy (Post 15340234)
I have been taking the nausea med since last week and I can tell a real difference but OMG am I exhausted. And I got a stomach virus this weekend so was so sick over that.
I feel like sleeping all day and I can't because I have 5 kids to take care of and my house is seriously suffering.
I need a housekeeper but can't afford one.
I just wish laundry and dishes didn't need done so much

Oh, I would love a housekeeper! Why can't the housework just do itself when we are pregnant?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 15340533)
I'm having the hardest time getting my NT scan set up! The doc sent my referral to an u/s place that doesn't accept my insurance so instead of that office calling me or calling my doc and telling them that they just ignored it for 3 weeks! So they called me Friday and told me the news. So my doc sent a referral to another place that is closed on Friday! So when I called this morning they didn't have the referral yet. She told me to call back tomorrow or they would call me later if they get it. If the can't schedule me in on Tues or Wed morn I'm not going to be able to get it done. Which really pisses me off. Ugh!

Anyway, the Morning sickness is gone and if I get at least 10 hours of sleep at night I'm not so exhausted during the day. These round ligament pains are going to be the death of me though! I have to walk like a turtle in the morn!

How annoying on the NT. I would call the ultrasound place back today and be really polite, but pushy that you NEED to be scheduled in the next two days and why. Most places around here will squeeze you in.

Glad you're feeling better though. I have the round ligament issues too. No sudden movements!

Tina5834 07-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolemariep

Oh, I would love a housekeeper! Why can't the housework just do itself when we are pregnant?!

How annoying on the NT. I would call the ultrasound place back today and be really polite, but pushy that you NEED to be scheduled in the next two days and why. Most places around here will squeeze you in.

Glad you're feeling better though. I have the round ligament issues too. No sudden movements!

I called them and told them to schedule me and I would bring he referral with me. they said that wasn't an option. They said that they would call me ASAP after they get the referral. I guess they have to clear it with insurance before they can schedule? Insane! I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that they can get me in in Wed!

norrahsmommy 07-02-2012 04:52 PM

I'm not so yuck feeling lately, but I have been very irritable and hormonal and have been grumpy with SO.

AniMommy 07-02-2012 10:39 PM

Feeling better at 13 weeks. I've outed myself to everybody in the "inner circle" but not yet on FB.

Still a bit cranky, I've actually lost 5 lbs since getting preggo (no vino and no appetite for 12 weeks did the trick). Most people have commented on my looking thinner and I kind of giggle to myself. Esp funny because an old "evil" boss saw me a few months before getting preggo,(when I've weighed the same for about 1 year) and asked if I was preggo and even told me that I looked as if I might be "4 mos along". Keep in mind when I was 4 mos preggo, no one knew I was and I wore regular pants until 8.5 mos. But she's the kind who pretends to be nice so she can stab in the back.

I am feeling completely unmotivated at work and have learned to love the dust bunnies collecting under my furniture. I mean, the kids need pets, right?

Tina5834 07-03-2012 11:32 AM

I finally got my NT scan set up for Friday which is weird because they told me they were closed that day! Oh well, I'm just happy to be getting it done.

american_mommy 07-03-2012 01:40 PM

So my last 2 pregnancies I didn't get the downs syndrome testing done. I am a bit annoyed with my dr though because he didn't even ask me at my last appointment if I wanted to and I just was realizing that by the time I go back I will be close to 16 wks so too late, right?
I am not overly concerned about DS but would like another u/s just to see the baby :) But I am also 35 and I know risk increases with age. My dh thinks I am being silly about asking to get the tests because its too late anyway if something were there and that's true but if I had a baby with something like DS I would be able to learn about it before birth instead of being shocked by a baby at birth having a problem.
What do you all think?

Tina5834 07-03-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by american_mommy
So my last 2 pregnancies I didn't get the downs syndrome testing done. I am a bit annoyed with my dr though because he didn't even ask me at my last appointment if I wanted to and I just was realizing that by the time I go back I will be close to 16 wks so too late, right?
I am not overly concerned about DS but would like another u/s just to see the baby :) But I am also 35 and I know risk increases with age. My dh thinks I am being silly about asking to get the tests because its too late anyway if something were there and that's true but if I had a baby with something like DS I would be able to learn about it before birth instead of being shocked by a baby at birth having a problem.
What do you all think?

The last day it can be done is 13 weeks and 6 days. I'm getting it done for a couple reasons. 1) we have a family history of DS and CF, 2) I wanna see the baby!