Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me potty train my DS (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414310)

LittleABC 07-02-2012 02:11 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me potty train my DS

I have potty trained 2 girls. It went easy. However, my ds is driving me crazy. I know he is ready. He says potty or poopy, but only after the fact. He is not on any peeing or pooing schedule. I feel like I am starting all over:banghead:

So, any advice would be great.

Oh, he doesn't talk in full sentences yet. But he does understand potty. Anyway, please help.

EmilytheStrange 07-02-2012 02:56 PM

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me potty train my DS

how old is he?

LittleABC 07-02-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
how old is he?

26 mths.

Bear Family 07-02-2012 03:59 PM

My son was will be 3 this month so he is a little older. I started talking about it a few months ago, I bought a huge container of jelly beans in a see thru plastic jar. I put them on the counter where he could see them, when he would ask I would just tell him he had to pee in the toilet. He would tell me no. So I just let it be. In May (Mothers Day) I was in my back yard, and I could see him doing the potty dance...so I just told him to go in the yard. He peed on the grass a few more times that day, he would be playing and then run to the grass and pee. Later that night, he peed for the first time in the potty. From then on, he has been trained...he wears pull ups at night just in case, but usually wakes up dry. He is in underware when we are gone, all day, long drives, running errends...everything.

So to sum it up, I would say don't push it, dont let it irritate you...I know, easier said than done.

Give him an incentive

Let him pee outside, that is one of Jax favorite things and honeslty why I think it was so easy. Don't get me wrong though, he doesnt just start peeing outside where ever he is.

Potty training my daughter was a nightmare! Took forever, total pita, I am jealous that it was easy for you.

jenn5388 07-02-2012 04:06 PM

Yeah.. Jake refuses to pee in the potty, anymore he won;t even sit on it. He's 3.5!

Everyone keeps telling me to let him pee in the yard, and I JUST CANNOT do it. lol

It's starting to get more and more tempting though. We have chainlink fence all the way around and neighbors.. I'm sure someone would be getting a interesting show... I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Nerissa 07-02-2012 04:06 PM

DS2 didn't train until about 2 weeks ago. He was a month over 3. While he knew he was wet/dirty, he didn't want to use the potty and didn't really care at all. After the horrible experience with DS1 where we tried to push it (I listended to everyone else that said he should be PT) I was not rushing/pushing anything.

We started at age 3 with some naked time around the house. He was doing great. If he was naked he went on the potty all on his own. He got a jelly bean. We still did diapers out and about. About 2 weeks ago we went to underware full time. I don't consider him fully PT since I usualy have to remind him and have him go try but that is more my issue since he seems to have a bladder the size of a gallon. LOL!!!

I am not one to train by taking them to the potty every 30 min. ect and having them sit. That is IMO a big waste of my time. and if i have to do that they are not ready.

Basically I say relax and don't push it. Try some naked time or try having him sit on the potty but don't force it cause it will/can backfire and make it 100times worse.

LittleABC 07-02-2012 04:50 PM

I am so afraid of him peeing all over the house with naked time.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 07-02-2012 05:33 PM

Saying he peed or pooped after the fact isn't a sign of pt'ing readiness. There is no idiciation there that he has the bladder/bowl control. It only indicates that he is aware of what peeing and pooping is. He is a little young, especially for being a boy, so I really wouldn't push it. It may do more harm than good. Give him the chance to mimic you if he wants to and let him play with the potty. He will do it in his own time :hugs: Oh and peeing all over the place with naked time isn't a huge deal...even on carpet. Just have some cleaner ready to go and clean up after him. Naked time is great for pt'ing!

tonnabelle 07-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleABC (Post 15341209)
I am so afraid of him peeing all over the house with naked time.

I'm currently potty learning my 21 month old son with naked time, and honestly, he's naked all day long. The first week or so was rough, with tons of accidents, and he wouldn't even dream of sitting on the potty. And yes, I had accidents all over the house, but I have hardwood floors, so nothing a mop and some antibacterial Mr. Clean didn't fix. The last couple days have been great, though. He comes and gets me or Dad when he needs to potty, and he gets SO proud of himself. We give him tons of praise, never admonish or punish, and let him lead. Yes, he's very young, but they're never too young to start, IMO. My now 5 year old was completely trained at 18 months old, with the rare accident at night, but he still has those....like once every 3-4 months.

bigmamakelsey 07-02-2012 08:18 PM

:popcorn:
I'd like to know, too. DS will be 3 in October. He understands what the potty is for and I DO think he has bladder control, but he has no desire to go in the potty so it's frustrating. Plus, he's a super soaker and pees straight through a diaper and PUL cover with 1 pee. He's large for his age too, so we have very few diapers that fit anymore. He will tell us he needs to go, then when we get him on the potty he clams up and waits until he has a diaper back on :banghead: