Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O Do you try for gender when TTC? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414523)

Jen's_4 07-02-2012 09:55 PM

S/O Do you try for gender when TTC?

Okay, so the Mamas who were posting in the 3+ thread about genders got me wondering....when they had, say, boy, boy, girl--did they try for a girl (by timing DTD or whatever) or do you just take whatever comes. We have boy, girl, girl. We would really like the next one to be a boy, but I'm a take whatever comes sort. We've never actively tried for a gender. My friend had girl, girl and then tried for a boy (and got one!) because he was going to be the last. Also...is there any other way to up the odds other than timing of DTD? I haven't really looked into it, and I'm just curious.

ETA: okay, technically I've never been TTC. We take whatever comes that way too. ;)

ajane 07-02-2012 10:02 PM

Re: S/O Do you try for gender when TTC?

Nope! I do know that there are better times during ovulation for one sex or the other.....i.e....boy sperm are faster swimmers but can't live as long and the opposite for girl swimmers. So, if you DTD the day you ovulate you have the best chance for a boy. But, we didn't really keep track of all that. I had a feeling that ds was a boy way before we found out the sex b/c I looked back and realized we dtd the day I ovulated.

AfWife8405 07-02-2012 10:34 PM

I had boy, boy, girl and yes, I charted and did what I could to tip the odds in favor of a girl. When I got pregnant I thought it was a boy though, it was hard to imagine having a girl after having two boys already. I was SO happy when I found out she was a girl, but there was a little part of me that was sad it wasn't another boy.

hilaryisinked 07-03-2012 12:17 PM

No. It was already too stressful trying to keep up with charting and temping and having time to DTD with my DH's schedule.

Sydsmom 07-03-2012 12:20 PM

We used the shettles method to conceive a boy and it worked!!

Jen's_4 07-03-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydsmom (Post 15345369)
We used the shettles method to conceive a boy and it worked!!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what's the shettles method?

TS8213 07-03-2012 12:52 PM

Nope!

JennTheMomma 07-03-2012 12:53 PM

No. I have boy, boy, not sure what #3 is yet. When we TTC'd ds2 I thought for fun to try for a girl with charting and what not, but we still got a boy.

Fishie Kisses 07-03-2012 01:12 PM

We have 3 boys and number 4 will be our last, so we will be trying to time it for a girl, but I would be perfectly happy with another boy

EmilytheStrange 07-03-2012 01:30 PM

Lol, nah... It's hard enough for us to concieve :)

But even if it was easy, I say no, I wouldn't.