Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   baby #3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414525)

champatlife 07-02-2012 09:03 PM

baby #3

When my newest is born my little will be 2 years old. we have planned to use her 2nd convertable car seat for the newest. I never used an infant seat last time around, so thought.... Why this time? Save some money, but my little is.still carried usually from car to in stores 70% because this is what she wants, other because shes a wild child, doesnt listen well, so its the safest. She won't go in a carrier anymore. Which do you think would work best for convenience an infant seat or just a baby carrier for the newborn?

Hands&Fire Pottery 07-02-2012 09:26 PM

Re: baby #3

For stores, I will often park near the car corral and pull one right up to the car to load up my 3 year old before even crossing the parking lot. I did like the infant bucket (got lucky and had a close friend give me hers), but it was winter in Minnesota so nice to not have to transition to baby carrier with no coat on outside. With the bucket in the cart and my 3 year old in the seat, you couldn't fit too many groceries though. The bucket was outgrown at about 5 months, and now my baby is very happy in the Ergo and it is working great. Do you have a carrier that you like with a newborn?

champatlife 07-02-2012 09:38 PM

I have a mei tai(did I spell it right) it worked perfectly fine and cozy, but I am contemplating buying a new carrier this go around (looking at ethos) but I guess I havnt fully decided on anything. Currently I can't even get my little to ride in a car at all. She screams her heart out.

luvsviola 07-03-2012 07:02 AM

I couldn't live without my bucket. For the preschool run in the rain or winter, it is necessary for me. Sometimes babywearing just isn't practical for us, and the bucket gives you the choice to babywear or not. For example, at a restaurant, you have somewhere to put baby.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-03-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola (Post 15344070)
I couldn't live without my bucket. For the preschool run in the rain or winter, it is necessary for me. Sometimes babywearing just isn't practical for us, and the bucket gives you the choice to babywear or not. For example, at a restaurant, you have somewhere to put baby.

This. I really like having the option. I do like to wear my babies, but I don't like to do it all the time. Also, if baby is sleeping, I like being able to just grab their seat out of the car without worrying I'm going to wake them. Babywearing is convenient a lot of the time, but not always for me. So, I like buckets for when they are little. :)

sisu 07-03-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

This. I really like having the option. I do like to wear my babies, but I don't like to do it all the time. Also, if baby is sleeping, I like being able to just grab their seat out of the car without worrying I'm going to wake them. Babywearing is convenient a lot of the time, but not always for me. So, I like buckets for when they are little. :)

Totally agree. I don't think I'll ever have a newb w/o a bucket.

mommabritt 07-03-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

Exactly this.

mariamommy 07-03-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola

I also completely agree!

bluedaisyma 07-03-2012 09:55 AM

never ever used a bucket and I had 4 under 5 and now a newbie and 2 yr old. I always babywear even at a restaurant :)

keysersoze 07-03-2012 10:05 AM

We haven't used a bucket seat for the last two; when ds2 was born, dd was 2, a runner and as stubborn as the day is long. When ds2 was a noob, I often tandem wore dd on my back in an oh snap, and then got ds2 situated in a ringsling or beco in a front carry -- I am a man, though short, and I found this easy, but it doesn't sound like that's an option for you. Of course, this was in the cold snowy winter. Were it any other time of year, I'd grab a cart, load the older child in the seat, and wear the noob. I was also comfortable allowing the two year old to walk beacause I knew I had the strength to do a front carry and pick up dd if she didn't want to hold hands without smushing ds2. Ds1 was just 5 at the time, so he could follow directions.

Personally, I'd go the convertible seat route, and load the 2 year old into the cart before loading the Nb into the carrier.