Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it just MY son??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414632)

dancermommy1 07-03-2012 09:05 AM

Is it just MY son???

DS is SO busy. I don't mean, he's busy, I mean he never ever stops moving, even if we are reading a book or even in bed sleeping he is constantly moving. Recently 2 mothers of 2-year-old boys were at our house and they were watching DS run around and one of them finally looked at DH and said "does he not ever sit still???" My own mom raised my 2 brothers and she is stunned at how busy DS is.

When we pick him up from daycare he is usually the ONLY one who is covered from head to toe in whatever they've been doing that day---paint, marker, chalk, playdoh, food, water, mud---whatever it is, we find it in his hair, behind his ears, all over his clothes (90% of his clothes are permanently stained with some substance). The other kids may be a little dirty, but not like him!

Does anyone else have a boy like this? Just super physically active and messy as all get out? He loves to read books, but he basically is moving the whole time. I used to dream of the day when he would quietly sit and do an activity while I read or worked or whatever. I'm coming to realize that day will probably not ever come :giggle:

Please share your stories so I don't feel so alone!

majomama 07-03-2012 09:07 AM

Not a son but I have a little girl like this!! I know how you feel....ALL day! She doesn't take a break!!

Hopper Graphics 07-03-2012 09:08 AM

Re: Is it just MY son???

I don't have a boy like this, but my 16 month old daughter is exactly like this. She climbs EVERYTHING. We are debating on getting rid of all the bookshelves in the house, because she likes to sit on top of them. At any point during the day, I can find her moving the kitchen chairs away from the table so she can climb up and dance on the table (oh boy). She NEVER stops.

keysersoze 07-03-2012 09:12 AM

My 3.5 yo dd was like this, and for the most part still is, though she does now sit for stories. Other than that, she's constantly moving. Ds2 is exactly like this at 17 months -- we've taken to calling him feral dirt boy.

TS8213 07-03-2012 09:15 AM

My son was, and still is the same way. He's 5.5 now! I'm going to apologize in advance to his Kindergarten teacher this fall. ;)

danielle 07-03-2012 09:22 AM

So far, this sounds like my son who is almost a year old. He doesn't even stay still to nurse. He climbs things. One of his favorite things to do is climb up and down our basement steps (think concrete walls) over and over and over. It's going to give one of his parents a heart attack. We're in for it.

Luckily our daughter is a bit more cerebral so I get to have the experience of reading a book while snuggling.

qsefthuko 07-03-2012 09:27 AM

My ds1 was that way. At 2 he broke our oven because he kept opening it to stand on the door some could see. Although we had a baby gate he would still manage to get through and tumbled head over heels to the bottom. At 3 he climbed a tree in my monthers yard. He went higher than my mothers 2 story home. My then 15 year old brother went up to retrieve him. He fought coming down. When I removed anything he could use to climb the tree I caught him clamping his skinny little legs around the trunk and shimmying up to the first branch which was 6 feet up. When watching tv he would jump around the living room furniture only briefly pausing to see what was going on. Even when it was a show he really liked he couldn't seem to contain his energy.

sisu 07-03-2012 10:03 AM

I thought that was fairly normal behavior for a 2 year old. :) The only time my son ever takes a break is if we're at someone else's house.

AnimalHouse 07-03-2012 10:43 AM

My boys are 5, 2.5, and 11 months... and they're all exactly how you described :).

doodah 07-03-2012 11:04 AM

i have a girl like this. almost turning 3. Strange you should mention the book thing because she LOVES books and that is the only time she is remotely still or focused. She is getting a trampoline for her birthday, if that says anything about her ;)