Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Anyone else getting rude comments? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414780)

erlyjo 07-03-2012 01:38 PM

Anyone else getting rude comments?

I'm so sick of people, family AND strangers alike, telling me how huge I look! Almost every time I tell someone when I'm due they gasp and ask if I'm sure I'm not having twins. One lady was insistent my due date was wrong. Do people not get how rude and hurtful it is to a pregnant lady?! I need a clever comeback, but I can't think of one.

kelpie169 07-03-2012 01:45 PM

I usually say something rude right back. For example (not he same but it illustrates the point): my husband sexed me up pretty good one night and after I had to run to target for something. I was walking through the aisles with a goofy smile on my face and one lady leaned over to her friend and "whispered" "I thought you weren't supposed to drink while you're pregnant. Must be a horrible mom". When I caught up I her in the next aisle I casually leaned over and said "obviously you're husband can't show you a good time if you can't tell the difference between drunk and blissed out. my husband just f'ed me stupid" and walked away with my goofy smile. Needles to say she looked pretty Mortified.
When people say I look too big/small (it goes back and forth this time-no idea why) ill usually make a comment about how much they weigh or if they're calling me fat then bust out in fake tears. Nothing freaks people out more than a cryin pregnant woman.

nceveritt 07-03-2012 03:28 PM

Re: Anyone else getting rude comments?

I feel too small. Most people tell me I look too small. Yes, I am not gaining weight, and yes, it actually upsets me.

Somebody give me a piece of cake! Oh wait, gestational diabetes ruined my fun.

erlyjo 07-03-2012 03:31 PM

Attachment 111405

This is my apparently HUGE belly that everyone thinks must be harboring twins. Is it really that big? I'll be 31 weeks on Friday for-crying-out-loud!

I'm also testing to see how to upload pics from phone. :)

kelpie169 07-03-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erlyjo

This is my apparently HUGE belly that everyone thinks must be harboring twins. Is it really that big? I'll be 31 weeks on Friday for-crying-out-loud!

You look fine to me. I would have guess 25 weeks or so.

yankeesundbound 07-03-2012 03:48 PM

When I was about 4 months along, I took DD to an easter party and another mom (a delivery nurse) kept telling me I looked more like 6 months pregnant and it must be twins. She just could not get over "how big" I was. I saw her again last month and she asked if it was indeed twins, then just could not believe that it's only one. :headscratch: As a mom and a delivery nurse, you would think she would be more sensitive.

It probably doesn't help that I'm short as far as persective.

whiteyacht 07-03-2012 04:24 PM

People always think I'm due imminently when I really have a couple months left. I posted a belly pic on fb last week and my aunt first asked if my due date was right and then later if they're sure I'm not having twins. With my last pregnancy, a post office clerk acted shocked when I still had a couple months. But most people I encounter have more tact!

austinandashlynsmommy 07-03-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erlyjo

I think you look great and I would have guessed around 30 weeks.

I do feel like my belly is huge (31 weeks today) and everyone likes to points it out too. When i had my rhogam bloodwork, the phlembotomist asked if I was sure i was only 28 weeks because I was huge! Really?!? I've only gained 4 lb but I'm a bit fluffy to begin with.

ssousa 07-03-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelpie169 (Post 15346167)
I usually say something rude right back. For example (not he same but it illustrates the point): my husband sexed me up pretty good one night and after I had to run to target for something. I was walking through the aisles with a goofy smile on my face and one lady leaned over to her friend and "whispered" "I thought you weren't supposed to drink while you're pregnant. Must be a horrible mom". When I caught up I her in the next aisle I casually leaned over and said "obviously you're husband can't show you a good time if you can't tell the difference between drunk and blissed out. my husband just f'ed me stupid" and walked away with my goofy smile. Needles to say she looked pretty Mortified.
When people say I look too big/small (it goes back and forth this time-no idea why) ill usually make a comment about how much they weigh or if they're calling me fat then bust out in fake tears. Nothing freaks people out more than a cryin pregnant woman.

I have to say this made me laugh and it's totally awesome at the same time! :laugh: This is the best preg story I've heard yet!

As for comebacks, I'm not fast enough for them but ignore people they are just ignorant:thumbsup: I think ya look great!

erlyjo 07-03-2012 05:15 PM

Thanks for the support, ladies. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets these comments! I'm feeling less whale-ish now. ;)