Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need your preferences (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414893)

Memaw1 07-03-2012 07:48 PM

Need your preferences

I am trying to help my daughter decide on which diaper to use. I am from the old school, diapers, pins and rubber pants. I always hated those rubber pants, they never looked cute! :) That was in 1984 and I know things have definitely changed.

Right now she thinks Gdiapers are the best option. She wants the type of diaper that uses a liner so you don't have to wash the outer part every time. Like for instance the Gdiapers, that has the snap in pouch. I hope this all makes sense.

Any ideas would be helpful. If anyone has tried gdiapers I would like to hear what you think about them good or bad. She is 27 weeks pregnant and we want to start buying diapers as soon as we can.

tiredwalker 07-03-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Need your preferences

My sister and I used Gdiapers with disposable inserts for a week before we got rid of them. We both really liked the idea (and how cute are they?), but pad always shifted and the pee and poop got on the shell (literally every time for me). I had to wash it each time because it was on the leg portion and couldn't be wiped clean. It was disappointing. I cannot account for the washable inserts though. Those might work very well.

This time around I went for Flip diapers (a cover that you can wipe down) with prefolds and that works for us. We fold the diaper and lay it in the cover for our toddler, and we'll use pins and the cover with our expected little one. They do have cloth and disposable inserts that go with it like with the Gdiaper, but I haven't tried those.

Good luck and congrats to you and your daughter! I hope she absolutely loves whatever gets!

NeilsRene 07-03-2012 08:02 PM

I have heard mixed reviews in gdiapers. I like Flips okay. They are also a hybrid, like a gdiaper, and they're on sale right now, buy 2 get 1 free. I have also heard great things about Capris, a new hybrid from the makers of Swaddlebees and Blueberry.

MDever 07-03-2012 08:06 PM

I looked at gdiapers for our most recent LO but they didn't get the best reviews. If she wants a good starter stash a PUL cover like Flip, Thirsties, or Bummis with prefolds for inserts would be great.

Memaw1 07-03-2012 08:48 PM

Where are the Flips on sale?

mariamommy 07-03-2012 08:52 PM

Flip covers are great! www.abbyslane.com has them on a buy 2 get 1 free sale on July 4th only, use the code "Sunshine" to get an extra 5% off. Always free shipping there too!

I would personally recommend sized prefolds under flip covers. The Imagine Smart Fit prefolds available at www.nickisdiapers.com are super nice high quality prefolds for a great price. Snappi them and you can re-use the covers more.

nonipie 07-03-2012 09:00 PM

Basically you can use any cover like that if you choose. Any PUL type cover can have an absorbent piece laid in and as long as there is no poop on it you can just let it dry and reuse it. I like Thirsties Duo or Nikky for newborns/infants and Flips for later. Then it's as simple as using a prefold or flat fastened or folded inside. It's a very effective system that is cheap and will hold up over time. I tried Gdiapers and I just thought they were an inferior version of a prefold and cover system. Lots of better options then that. Gdiapers just happens to be more widely available but I would encourage her to do some more research.

ahess529 07-03-2012 09:05 PM

I really like the grovia diaper system. The insert snaps in place and I just use a clean cover when it is a dirty diaper. I am really enjoying it and like the inserts. I am not much of a prefold person.

Memaw1 07-03-2012 09:31 PM

I went to abbyslane.com to order some of the flip diapers. It says to pick three colors and choose closure. I did that, but then I was confused and this is probably a dumb question....What do I put in quantity 1, 2, or 3?

mariamommy 07-03-2012 10:11 PM

the sale isn't until tomorrow, officially.

If you want three of the same color/closure, choose 3 for quantity and all of them will be the same.

If you want three different covers, choose the cover/closure of your choice, select 1 for quantity, and do that same thing two more times with the different choices.