Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I need to vent.......and scream......well, both. Oh, and cry.....which I have done. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414933)

ajane 07-03-2012 08:35 PM

I need to vent.......and scream......well, both. Oh, and cry.....which I have done.

Ok, I'm so fuming mad at myself. I will preface that I realize it isn't the end of the world and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life, but it is a big thing for the girls.

The girls have a regional swim meet coming up and I had responded right away with the days they would swim. This was over a week ago. A couple of days before the meet deadline. Today at practice I noticed the swimmer events were posted on the board so I went to see what they were swimming and couldn't find them listed. I know I sent the email. I know I did. I talked to their coach and she said she never got an email from me. I couldn't breathe. I knew I sent it. I check my sent box and there it was. I knew I had sent it. Then I look closely and realize I missed part of her email. :banghead: I did send it and she never got it. :( The deadline has now come and gone and the meet host is very strict about it. I can't even describe how upset and sad I am. The girls have worked so hard for this final meet and it was the last chance or DD1 to make the JO medley relay team for breaststroke. I felt/feel sick.

Their coach is going to try to get them in, but it is going to cost us 6X the amount PER event. :( So, now they will be in only a couple of events instead of the ones they should be in and my parents will be in town to watch them. Oh, man. Still mad, sad, sick, and just blah..........

Joyful Tie Dyes 07-03-2012 08:49 PM

Re: I need to vent.......and scream......well, both. Oh, and cry.....which I have don

Oh that is SO frustrating! I hope they can work something out for you!

Hungry Caterpillar 07-03-2012 08:55 PM

Re: I need to vent.......and scream......well, both. Oh, and cry.....which I have don

Breathe :)

I hope they can get in. Regarding the money, it's just money. I know that sounds flippant but if this is a big deal in their lives the extra cost is totally worth it to make sure their effort is rewarded.

Can you forward the original email with the wrong address to the correct address with the timestamp so it's obvious again what happened? Even if the host is strict, this was an honest mistake and the girls are pretty young to seriously punish for an honest parental mistake.

Next few important emails you may want to ask to confirm receipt so you don't stress too much in the future :)

AfWife8405 07-03-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 15348224)

I hope they can get in. Regarding the money, it's just money. I know that sounds flippant but if this is a big deal in their lives the extra cost is totally worth it to make sure their effort is rewarded.

Can you forward the original email with the wrong address to the correct address with the timestamp so it's obvious again what happened? Even if the host is strict, this was an honest mistake and the girls are pretty young to seriously punish for an honest parental mistake.

Next few important emails you may want to ask to confirm receipt so you don't stress too much in the future :)

:yeahthat:

I really hope that they can get it worked out for you. Let us know what happens. :hugs:

Fishie Kisses 07-03-2012 11:44 PM

I really hope they can work something out for you guys!

Connor 07-04-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

Ditto! Hope they can get your girls in at ab affordable price. If it were me, I've be beating myself up too. It was an honest mistake, don't be harsh on yourself.

doodah 07-04-2012 08:46 AM

You are right, it is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Things will work out in some way and if everything is not how you want, it will be a learning opportunity for the girls to learn how to accept disappointment. Things happen for a reason but there is no reason to be crying over this. Grandparents will be happy to see their kids do almost anything so dont worry about that part.

TeachinAuntie 07-05-2012 10:00 AM

:hugs::hugs: I hope they work it out.