Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415577)

emerino 07-05-2012 06:45 PM

My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet

She doesn't even try :(. Google tells me not to worry, but it's starting to bother me. Her legs are very strong, but she hardly even pushes up when on her tummy.

Please tell me your lo was like this and still developed normally. My other 2 babies were walking at 9 months, they weren't delayed at anything, so this just bothers me, yk?

I must say I am completely thankful for healthy babies. I'm just one of those people who, when things don't go as expected or things change, especially health-wise, I have to know why!

z2akids 07-05-2012 06:58 PM

Re: My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet

My oldest started sitting up at 5 1/2 months -- a good 3 weeks before he ever rolled over (in either direction). We used to joke that his wife was going to have to roll him over on their honeymoon.

He started walking at 13 months and he started talking late. But, when he did start talking, he started in paragraphs that were clearly ennunciated. He is now 11 and is completely on par at least with his peers and in fact has a high IQ and reads at a high school level.

And, I assure you, he rolls over just fine now. He has to do it for tackle football practice and he manages without my help. :)

I know it's hard not to worry, but I would try not to yet.

EmilytheStrange 07-05-2012 07:24 PM

My DD didn't roll over until after 6 months. And then another 2 weeks or so until she could roll the other way.

She has been gross motor advanced ever since. Walking unassisted at 11months (didn't crawl until 9-10 months) and jumps with both feet off the ground at 20 months.

We put so much emphasis on the rolling over, but I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Kristi26 07-05-2012 07:28 PM

My first three babies were all on target for everything for the most part, though the middle two only walked at 14 and 15 months (still completely in normal range, fyi). But my youngest did everything at the farthest side of normal that he could get. He didn't walk until 16 months. He didn't say more than 3 words until 18 months. They're all different!

luvsviola 07-05-2012 07:57 PM

If you are concerned, you can call your ped and talk to her.

The CDC recommends talking to your doc if the child isn't doing it by 6 months.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/m...tones-6mo.html

GEM Cloth 07-05-2012 08:03 PM

Neither of my girls had rolled over by this age. I was not a bit worried, but I have never been one to worry about "milestones." I don't believe in them. :giggle: They are just averages and my children are special. :giggle2: Anyway all of my kids eventually rolled over, crawled, walked, and now I can't slow them down.

Beesgirl 07-05-2012 08:28 PM

My first didn't move an inch until 11 months, he sat early (5 months) but didn't roll or crawl until almost 1 year. I had no idea how easy I had it, my other 2 were on the go much earlier!

Alikhlas 07-05-2012 08:37 PM

My now 14 month old crawled (at 8-9 mo) before she rolled :) before that she rolled from tummy to back like 5 times maybe. But she walked at 11 ish mo and is now trying to jump!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

thaisa47 07-05-2012 09:25 PM

My oldest had no interest in rolling, and just didn't do it. I can count on one hand the number of times he rolled over before he was one. He didn't sit up on his own until 8 months, crawl at 11 months, and walk until 15 months. I think some kids just do things at their own pace. :) If you're concerned, I would go ahead and mention to your pedi, but I would give it more time.

sisu 07-05-2012 09:47 PM

My DD didn't roll until after 5 months... a week later she was pulling herself up, a week or two after that she started crawling, and now at 7 months she's started taking steps. Don't worry, mama!