Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I think it's baby day! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141574)

Abunchofus 05-03-2007 12:32 PM

I think it's baby day!

ok - just a quick copy from another board I'm on to make it easy on me.

I noticed yesterday evening that when I would have a contraction that they were a bit harder but still knew they were just BH's.

I woke up at 3:20 this morning with a contraction (was the 2nd one that has roused me from sleep) but this time a trickle with it!

I got up and went to the potty and on the way back to the bed - it trickled again!

I woke dh to put liner on bed and let him know.

I got a shower!

I dyed another skein of yarn for my best friend to match the other 2 I had done - a turqoise color for trim. I wanted to be able to get her box in the mail to her today or tomorrow. I still have 2 more skeins I wanted to get done for her but they're not gonna get done today but I know she'll understand!

Then I made homemade whole wheat banana nut muffins and the 2nd round of those are in the oven now cooking.

I haven't had any more water leaking but the contractions are definitely real now! They are running right at 15 minutes apart and lasting about 45 seconds - so nothing major yet.

I am tired though so as soon as these last muffins come out of the oven I'm going back to bed!

I sent dh to work. He has pizza deliveries to various city schools every day of the week and that is the biggest time he needs to be at work - he should be done by about 11:30 to 12 though and I can call him at any time and tell him to come home and he will. He's only 15 minutes away!

He really didn't want to leave for work but it has to be a manager or owner to deliver the pizzas to the schools and that falls on him and one other manager and today two deliveries overlap so it'd be almost impossible for them to be at the schools on time and if they're not then its a very big deal!

anyway - I don't know why my water hasn't leaked anymore other than maybe being upright her head is so low that it's sort of blocking the outlet but the contractions are definitely stronger!

ok ladies - off to go check on the muffins and then try to take a nap.
I'll try to post again when I get up or after baby comes!

if you don't mind will you please say a prayer for us today that this is a smooth uncomplicated delivery! and easy would be nice too! LOL

1:30 pm UPDATE

Just a quick update!

Got to take a very nice solid nap from about 9:30 until 11:30 when I woke with a hard contraction and more leaking.

Got up and put meat away that dh had bought at grocery store (had to wrap it in freezer paper, label it, and baggie it for the deep freeze). Then put a roast on to cook and now am clearing out emails and eating an apple!

Contractions still about 15 min apart and lasting about 45 sec to 1 min.

I kinda wish things would speed up some! I've only had one early morning delivery (1 a.m.) and I did not like it! LOL - I get grumpy if I don't get my sleep!

Oooops - forgot to add that dh is home - he couldn't stand it and got home about 10:30 while I was still sleeping LOL

And that was after he had already left work and gone grocery shopping (and I mean SERIOUS grocery shopping) and to Bed, Bath & Beyond and bought me a 3 drawer wicker basket thingy for the bathroom to hold baby's diapers and a wicker laundry basket for the bathroom!

Now he's in the garage putting together our new kitchen table and benches!

Shyla 05-03-2007 12:36 PM

Re: I think it's baby day!

Thanx for sharing :goodvibes: I can't wait to hear more and see that beautiful baby :)

luv2recycle 05-03-2007 12:37 PM

CONGRATS!!!:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Sending you MUCH easy L&D vibes!!:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Cant wait to hear more..

jls~Kain~Drake 05-03-2007 12:37 PM

Ooh, good luck! ELV!

foxflame88 05-03-2007 12:40 PM

I can't wait to read more updates... are you having a home birth?

kannondicarpo 05-03-2007 12:47 PM

Ooooooh, prayers mama.

Can't wait to hear baby news!

ChurchPunkMom 05-03-2007 01:22 PM

Yay! How exciting!!:goodvibes:

Abunchofus 05-03-2007 02:19 PM

Alli - yes we're having a homebirth and I'm so excited! We just bought our house in Feb!

jls~Kain~Drake 05-03-2007 02:25 PM

How's labor going?

Gwen 05-03-2007 02:26 PM

ohhh - soo excited for you - hope I'm right behind you!!

Gwen