Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Whats in your diaper bag? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415837)

LittleABC 07-06-2012 12:22 PM

Whats in your diaper bag?

Thought I could get away with carrying a diaper/ wipe and sippy. But I figured out I need to go back to carting a big bag full of stuff. So I was wonder. What you carry. And what the Ages your kids are.

danielle 07-06-2012 12:55 PM

I carry a $20 that just stays, the little pediatrician record books, lip balm, a disposable, a pair of underwear for my 4 year old, a handkerchief, a wipe, a small spoon and fork, a pouch of baby food, a tiny bowl and a wooden toy. That stuff is always in there.

When we are going anywhere in the car, and if I'm thinking straight, I add a full clothing change and cloth for my 12 month old son. I sometimes pack a dress for my 4 year old daughter. And then I toss in a little wristlet/clutch that has money and essential cards and holds my phone with my car fob clipped on.

ETA I don't actually use a diaper bag. I use a Timbuk2 custom cargo tote with their awesome Cloverfield fabric. Love it.

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 07-06-2012 01:01 PM

Re: Whats in your diaper bag?

My kids are almost 5, 3.5, and 1. I keep diapers and wipes for the 1yo, a couple of outfits for her, a change of clothes and an emergency pair of underwear for the 3.5yo, and a clean top for the 4yo (she doesn't have accidents or anything, but can still be messy when she eats!). When we're going for more than an hour or two, I throw in some healthy snacks, a sippy cup for my 1yo, and water bottles for the bigger kids. Also my keys, wallet, and phone.

wordbox 07-06-2012 01:29 PM

I carry a Ju-Ju-Be Be Hip. I use their Be Quick pouches to help organize it. My son will be 2 this month, and I'm due with our second child in a few weeks.

In the inner zip pocket I keep a little first aid kit and some antibacterial wipes. There are two mesh pockets on the inside, one of them I keep things like sun screen, antibacterial hand gel, and extra trash bags (I have one of those Munchkin/Arm & Hammer dispenser ones, just in case I'm ever without a wet bag or need to throw away food or put dirty/wet clothes in something). In the other mesh pocket I keep a pouch with snacks and stuff in it (a Lara Bar for myself, a little granola bar for my son, an organic fruit/veggie pouch, a spoon, a bib, etc.).

I keep diapering things in one of the Be Quick pouches. So wipes, a wet bag, a sample container of CJ's, whatever diapers I'm taking along, etc.

I have another Be Quick that I will keep spare clothes in once the baby arrives. It's currently being used in my hospital bag to hold the baby's going home outfits, but it will then be used to keep spare changes of clothes in it.

I have a third Be Quick that I use for my personal stuff, since I don't like to carry a diaper bag and a purse. I like having my stuff in one spot, so if I run into a store or something then I can just grab that.

There are some outer pockets. One of them I keep a package of Boogie Wipes, the others I leave open for my phone and keys. There are two drink pockets on the sides, I usually stick a water bottle in one of them. The other is empty, but since I'll have a newborn soon I plan on using that for burp cloths or whatever I need to have quick access to.

There's a wide slip pocket in the back, I keep a thin changing pad in that, and usually a coloring book and crayons. I'll slip random things in there that I might want to take along, like a sun hat for my son.

I'm really hoping I can make the Be Hip work with a toddler and a newborn, because I really like the bag and it's comfortable and light to carry. I also have a Ju-Ju-Be Be Mighty, which is a big tote bag... I plan on using that when we have longer outings to throw extra diapers and toys and such in, and then I can just leave it in the car or bring both bags in if we're somewhere for a long time.

My son also has one of those cute Skip Hop backpacks, which we send with him if my parents watch him. I imagine we'll start having him carry some of his own things in there more often as he gets a bit bigger and becomes more able to carry it himself. Also, I'm rarely far from my car, so it's not hard to leave things in there and then just bring the diaper bag with our basics in it.

edit: Sorry for the novel! lol... I guess I didn't need to be so detailed. :p

qsefthuko 07-06-2012 01:37 PM

My kids are 13,9,and 12months. I carry 2 prefolded flats in a small planetwise wet bag, a wet bag for the dirties, wipes in a wipes pouch, and sometimes an extra woolie. As he rarely leaks out of his diapers I don't often carry the extra woolie. My kids carry the sippy so it rarely if ever finds it's way into the diaper bag. I also try to keep a snack for myself and baby. As baby has issues with dairy a run through a drive through is not generally an option.

EmilytheStrange 07-06-2012 01:55 PM

hm.. my DD is 21 months.

My diaper bag has 4-5 diapers, wipes, sippy, fruit cup, squeezy fruit, cheerios (or other carb snack), tylenol, brush, extra hair clips, fingernail clippers and all the things that come with that, teething tablets, an extra change of clothes (I am very lenient about letting her get messy - puddles, etc), burp rags, 2 books, a sun hat, some extra straws which are not an issue since she can drink from an open cup now... 2 wetbags, a few disposable diaper trash bags because I own them - have been handy for other people, sunscreen, a changing pad that I never use..... I'm sure there's more. I had extra socks, but lent them out and didn't put them back in after I washed them the other day.

When I am carrying the minimum amount, I carry my purse.. it has 1 diaper, wipes, teething tablets, a wetbag, a toy truck, a book.. and then my stuff. I usually leave the bigger diaper bag in the car and just take that one. Restaurants and such.

Her church diaper bag has 3 diapers, a wetbag, a burp rag, snacks, bib, wipes.

ETA: cause I was reminded by others' posts... hand sanitizer, tide pen, a spoon.

jbug_4 07-06-2012 02:12 PM

My kids are 20 months and almost 5.

We hardly ever go anywhere that we are gone long enough to change a diaper. So regular days I carry an extra large purse- it has a couple of diapers, wipes, Tylenol, my wallet, a changing pad, my phone, chap stick and dd's epi pen and bennedryl. We don't carry changes of clothes unless we are doing something that involves water or messy stuff- eating doesn't count as messy stuff for us.

If its a long day then I carry the actual diaper bag. Still has the above plus a snack, water bottle, an empty sippy cup and sun screen if its an outdoor thing. DS can drink from a straw and cup if needed so we don't bring a sippy for shorter outings. He also refuses to use little spoons and forks so he uses restaurant utensils if we go eat.

Tina5834 07-06-2012 02:33 PM

I have a Petunia Picklebottom touring tote. In it is a couple diapers (cloth or sposies, just depends in the day), a small wet bag full of dry wipes, wallet, cell phone, lip balm, and a couple squeezable fruit pouches. I never carry extra clothes. Mostly because I forget to put them in the bag. Also, if the kids need drinks try carry their own.

mrseum 07-06-2012 02:34 PM

I have a 3 & 1 yr old.
Wallet
Epi pen (& mini 1st aid: latex free bandaids; benedryl)
Allergy safe snacks (usually 2 applesauce pouches & 2 chewy bars)
Lip gloss
2 diapers
Wipes
1 peice outfit for baby
1 pair undies & shorts for 3 yr old
Phone
2 straw cups
Sunscreen
Beco

sunshine_mama 07-06-2012 02:45 PM

5, 3.5, 18m

Wallet, cell, keys, lip gloss, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, sunscreen stick, outfit for DD, a prefold diaper, wipes, a wetbag.

We have an emergency bag in the car with a dozen disposable diapers, wipes, another clothes change for Leah, underwear and shorts for the boys, and a first aid kit.