Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Moms of Twins (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415961)

weesej 07-06-2012 04:57 PM

Moms of Twins

At what ultrasound were both babies seen? Did of you have an early ultrasound (6-8 weeks)with one sac/ HB seen but another one missed? Just curious....

bea2269 07-06-2012 05:53 PM

We only saw one baby at my 5 week appt. When we went back for my 9 week, we saw both babes. It was the shock of a lifetime to say the least. We almost missed the other one then. My ob decided to check around again "just in case." My poor dh thought we were seeing a "reflection" from the first baby!

USNwifey03 07-06-2012 08:59 PM

Re: Moms of Twins

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and we saw both babies. It helped that they are not identical and are in two seperate sacs. Plus, our OB knew to look for multiples because we conceived through IVF and 2 eggs were put back.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-06-2012 10:13 PM

We never had baby missed at an early u/s with all 3 of my sets. I was at the end of my 5th week with my first set when we found them, and early 7 with both the second and 3rd set. The 3rd set did take a second u/s to confirm what we were seeing because the machine at the OB's office is older and not very high quality. But, the next day at the imaging center, they were both obvious. (We lost one of the 3rd set.)

It does happen, but it's pretty rare to miss one after about 7wks. More common if you have an u/s around 5wks. Often it's because they just don't look for another baby.

Wanderlust 07-07-2012 02:49 AM

We saw my twins clearly in my 5 week ultrasound.

ETA: This was a trans vag us

weesej 07-07-2012 06:51 PM

Thanks. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days. It was very quick...less than 1 min. Saw 1 healthy baby. Just questioning because I am much more sick this time around than usual, plus I have been able to feel my uterus when I lay on my belly for 3 weeks already and that usually doesn't happen until 10 plus weeks.

sallyjean 07-07-2012 08:11 PM

I had an u/s at 8 weeks and saw one baby with the abdominal scan, then when she did the trans-vaginal scan there were 2! I went from smiley and happy to see a heartbeat to "deer in the headlights" in half a second!

5280Mommy 07-08-2012 09:22 AM

We saw all 3 at my 7 week appt - but baby c was almost missed because he was measuring smaller...had dh not jokingly said to the RE are you sure that's all? He wouldn't have spent the extra few seconds and found him.

psylion 07-08-2012 06:30 PM

Both babies were clear as day at 6 weeks 2 days with hearts beating away.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Umm_Ibraheem 07-15-2012 02:44 PM

I'm wary of u/s so wont be getting any more unless medically necessary. I did have a transvaginal u/s at 7 weeks just because my hcg levels were elevated but they only saw one baby and we heard only on heartbeat. I wasn't even thinking that there might be more than one in there until that u/s. Now I can't get it out of my head. lol!

So I guess I wont know definitively until Feb 2013 unless the beans let me know early. :D