Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   What infant car seat are you going to use? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416488)

ecomother 07-08-2012 07:27 AM

What infant car seat are you going to use?

I'm in desperate search of an infant car seat and need recommendations! What are you planning to use with this baby? If you don't mind telling, where did you get it, how much, and what do you like about it?

Christina 07-08-2012 08:21 AM

Re: What infant car seat are you going to use?

Cybex Aton - I fell in love with the seat after reading about it on car-seat.org. I got it at a local baby store near us for $199.
it's the lightest seat on the market and has the smallest foot print front to back. love the infant insert and handle. plus the base is the easiest to install, like super easy.

1healthylady 07-08-2012 08:24 AM

Chicco Key Fit 30. Target for about $160. It was the only one that i didn't bend fingernails back on as I tried to lift it out of the base. It's really easy to adjust the straps too. I like that it goes up to 30lbs instead of just 22, so it should last us a while longer. Haven't put it to use yet, but another friend has the same seat and she loves it.

tibeca 07-08-2012 09:50 AM

We'll be using a britax marathon. It is a super heavy weight seat (so not for those with compact cars). I think if I had to do it over, I would opt for a lower weight limit britax seat, since my kids won't hit 55 lbs in less than 6 years, so we'd need a new seat anyway and then could opt for a britax booster. Would have saved a few dollars.

We don't do "bucket" style seats. They're just too heavy for me. To lug baby around, I use my ring sling.

mama2seth&trey 07-08-2012 12:12 PM

We have a Graco snug ride. I would have liked a chico but we can't afford it right now. I don't generally use the bucket seat. I can hardly carry it so I usually just pick up baby and sling it. When my husband is around he carries the infant seat in. I usually only use it for a few months and then switch. I want to get another Britax Marathon in Cow-moo-flauge for this baby like we have for our 3 year old. But that will happen when I am working more.

eguisgirl 07-09-2012 11:51 PM

Chicco Keyfit 30. Last time we used a Britax Companion and it was great but very heavy. (Then we transition into a Britax Companion). I also have an evenflo convertible that is really nice but i have to check the reviews on it before we use it. :)

jcalumna 07-10-2012 04:52 AM

Chicco KeyFit 30. We registered for the Travel System at BRU based on a friend's recommendation who had a baby prior to my daughter. She also demonstrated how easy it was to operate both the infant seat & the stroller. We used this travel system with my DD who was born last year & I really liked it. It was a breeze to use for Mommy, Daddy & Grandma. I liked how the seat just snaps into the base & the Cortina stroller. Although my DD still could use this infant car seat because she's only 20lbs at 15 months old, we have already transitioned her over to a Britax Boulevard 70 CS in anticipation of the new baby arriving. Per their website, "#1 Rated Chicco KeyFit is the easiest car seat to install correctly" and I have to attest that I believe this based on our travels - as a first time mom, I was able to confidently install this car seat in other cars when we flew to see my family when my DD was just 3 months old.

Alaga 07-10-2012 05:30 AM

Chicco Keyfit here too! Seriously love this seat. Used it for just under a yr with my DD and now again with my DS. Easy easy easy to install, and gets great ratings all around. I know lots of people like the Graco SnugRide too, which is a more economical option.

HeatherDanae 07-10-2012 05:48 AM

Graco Snugride 30. We are graco fans and this works out perfectly since I can keep him in the seat until he's 30lbs. And it will fit into our double stroller if I need it to.

Cadensmum 07-10-2012 05:55 AM

Chicco Keyfit 30 as well. I have 2 now actually. The travel system in the Luna pattern and the brand new Chicco Magic car seat and I love it already! The new one is designed to fit your baby longer now because they had some issues with babies getting too tall for them. I also love that the insert is reversible so it keeps the baby cooler in the summer days and warmer in the winter. Plus it has an easy open boot and a longer sun shade. I just love all of the new features on the Chicco Magic(: