Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Craft Chat (
-   -   Christmas Crafting Ideas? (

jennyb 07-08-2012 12:21 PM

Christmas Crafting Ideas?
around july, every year on ds, some one begins a Christmas crafting thread ... has it started yet? If so, can some one please link me to it? otherwise, we can start it now :thumbsup:

i have TONS of ideas on my pinterest boards, but always enjoy seeing what other ds mamas are doing or have done :goodvibes:

slyeates 07-08-2012 01:34 PM

Subbing! I need ideas!

jennyb 07-08-2012 05:48 PM

Re: Christmas Crafting Ideas?
I'm really wanting to make these a-frame tents for our kids this year :)

Only 07-08-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by jennyb

I love this idea! Super cool.

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 07-08-2012 07:08 PM

My kids would love those!!

I don't have much planned yet, but I'm starting to plan, so I'll be watching this thread!

zandj 07-08-2012 07:29 PM

we've done cake/tea in a mug

handmade scarves

kid (and mama) made cards

A pottery barn knock off 'Noel'

Ornaments - specifically the dove one, the santa one is for kids to make obviously lol

Peppermint bark

play kitchen

DIY trofast - you can put lego square things on top and make it a lego table/organizer!

I guess I consider food to be crafty? lol

millermom1110 07-09-2012 05:57 AM

I haven't decided what I'll be doing for kids yet (I have 13 nieces & nephews ages 6 and under...with 2 more to be born by Christmas).

For adults, I'll be making car trash bags:

Mac & Cheeses mom 07-09-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by jennyb

I think my nieces and nephews would live this..... Plus the parents would hate it :mrgreen: heheh.

No but really I live this I might even have to paint names down the sides so if they end up t the cabin then they will know who's is who's.

I really love that.... I need the glow in the dark paint too.

tuckergirl 07-09-2012 06:38 AM

Can't wait to see what others are making! A friend and I are doing "crafting christmas in July" this year - one crafting night a week to work on christmas stuff that we don't have time for during the holiday season. So far (the first week) I made a christmas planner ( and finished DS2's stocking. I made coordinating stockings last year for the whole family but couldn't finish DS2's cause we didn't know his name yet. :-) This week I need to finish the tree skirt that I'm making. After that I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe little wooden princesses or superheros. The only problem is that if I do the superheros, I don't know if they'd be for DS1 or for DH!

moonsandmarshmellows 07-09-2012 07:02 AM

We are going to do pictures blocks for the gparents main gift.

And then add the salt ornament and some lotion bars.

Not sure what we are going to do for the Aunts & Uncles! Have to start looking for some ideas on those!

And for my niece and nephews I'm going to do that 5 pillows sewn together thing and maybe some soap with toys in them.