Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   all worked out :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416670)

miraclebabysmama 07-08-2012 05:40 PM

all worked out :)

SO this is gonna sound really random, but I was possibly going to buy (or trade for) a fitted off spots and got into an interesting convo with the seller. The diaper was practically new and part of a semi-custom order she had gotten. I say semi-custom set because it was the kind where you just tell them gender, sizing and color preferences and the diaper maker designs an order around that. Anyway, I was curious about her full order because she said she had been disappointed in it, so I snooped around the sellers FB fan page and found it. It didn't seem to add up to the amount she had paid for the semi-custom, so I was just browsing to compare to other semi-customs like it and I stumbled across one of her "custom" items in an album that had been liseted as for sale 6 months prior and it never sold. It had a price listed for it and when adding up the order was about $5 short of what it would have cost this lady to custom order the set and chose her own fabrics and such. So on top of her getting shorted $5 worth of product she also got an item unloaded on her that no one else had wanted to buy for 6 months. Plus the colors of the "custom" were NOTHING like she had requested.

Like I said, totally random since it's not even about me, but is it customary for diaper makers to do that? I mean I get the purpose of semi-customs is to use fabrics that may have been sitting around for a while, but she got shorted in the value of the items, didn't get the colors she was wanting, and got undesired inventory unloaded on her labeled as a "custom". Just seemed like crummy business practices to me...

miraclebabysmama 07-09-2012 12:38 PM

Re: seems like a bum deal...

no opinions on this? how would you react if this happened to you? I'm just curious if you would feel slighted having premade unwanted inventory becoming part of your custom order and if you'd be ticked that the value of your items, if ordered individually, would have been $5 cheaper than what you paid for your custom set?

junebug2311 07-09-2012 12:41 PM

I feel like if someone contacted me and wanted me to make them some mama cloth or dye them some yarn, and I had something exactly like what they wanted or really close to what they wanted already here, I'd tell them. I'd say "oh, what a coincidence, I have something almost exactly like that already done." I would show it to them and if they liked it, awesome. If I was trying to sell it previously for a lower price, I'd refund them the difference.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

miraclebabysmama 07-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug2311 (Post 15373267)
I feel like if someone contacted me and wanted me to make them some mama cloth or dye them some yarn, and I had something exactly like what they wanted or really close to what they wanted already here, I'd tell them. I'd say "oh, what a coincidence, I have something almost exactly like that already done." I would show it to them and if they liked it, awesome. If I was trying to sell it previously for a lower price, I'd refund them the difference.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

^that's kinda what I was thinking too. She had said she'd like pinks and purples and the item that was passed off in her order was green, gray, and yellow. which made the rest of the custom have to sorta revolve around those colors. There were tiny splashes of pink and purple in the knit print of the diaper (so tiny i was gonna get it for my BOY!!)

Hillargh 07-09-2012 01:10 PM

It sounds far from custom and a total rip off IMO with even that slight of a price difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

miraclebabysmama 07-09-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 15373466)
It sounds far from custom and a total rip off IMO with even that slight of a price difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

See that's what I was thinking too, but then thought maybe since it was a "semi-custom" that somehow that was ok to do?? IDK?? I just know if I were her I would have at least been pissed about the $5 difference in price. I mean the listings when they go up say "at least $xx worth of stuff, maybe more!" so she for sure got ripped off there. But then the fact that the entire order was nothing like she wanted and had to be created around this cast off from 6 months prior would have really irked me too. If the cast off had been pink and purple and the order came out almost exactly like she had wanted, then maybe not. BUt still the $5 differnce in price would not have been right, but maybe easier to overlook??

ommelissa 07-09-2012 02:32 PM

I agree with Junebug. If a customer wanted something similar to what I had on sale, I would certainly offer it, but give it at the sale price.

miraclebabysmama 07-10-2012 01:19 PM

Hmmm...ok, so she decided to contact the diaper maker at my suggestion and the maker is not acknowledging the fact that the item in question was premade, unsold inventory and she is not offering any type of compensation for the price difference. :/ what should she do now? What would you do if it were you. I feel bad for this lady.

aflyingbuttress 07-10-2012 02:13 PM

Leave negative feedback and don't buy from her again. I think that's all she can do, unless its within 45 days and she can file a PP dispute for item not as described. That's assuming, of course, that she paid with PP and hasn't used the items yet.

miraclebabysmama 07-10-2012 04:07 PM

Well looks like she finally "remembered" that she had tried to sell the previously made item on her Facebook page at lower than her retail price, so she offered a refund of the price difference of that item. That seems only fair to me. Still can't say that I wouldn't be bummed about the whole thing if I were her. I mean, I totally get the reasons for a semi -custom, and I guess that's the risk you take when it's not a true full custom, but I always thought that you were supposed to get a deal for not being able to chose the specifics. She still basically paid exactly what she would have if she had purchased full custom items, with fabric colors she actually wanted, and purchased the ready made item at the discounted price it was listed at. But at least she didn't over pay anymore and there was sort of a resolution. Still feels like a bum deal to me though. But that's just my opinion.