Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Meconium and CDing in the hospital (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416686)

keegen456 07-08-2012 05:25 PM

Meconium and CDing in the hospital

So we got home from the hospital yesterday. We CD'ed from minute 1 and I am so happy that we decided to just go for it. The hospital staff had no problems with us wanting to CD. They took her at about 11pm to give her a bath and even put her in cloth when they were done with her. They also made sure that her soiled diaper ended up in the wetbag that I had hooked to her bassinett. The diapers are in the dryer right now and none of them have any staining from the meconium, it washed right out :)

jnk10046 07-08-2012 05:40 PM

Re: Meconium and CDing in the hospital

Awesome news!:thumbsup:

Cadensmum 07-08-2012 07:06 PM

I really want to CD in the hospital but I'm scared that someone will take my diapers!

mabelinoad 07-08-2012 07:24 PM

awesome! i may just pack some afterall!

which ones did you bring??

erkelly 07-08-2012 10:29 PM

Hmm my main reason for wanting to wait to start our CD's til we get home is because of the meconium. I'm afraid it will stain and be hard to get out of the diapers since it's so sticky. But maybe I should just go for it if it worked for you! Or maybe I just won't take my brand new expensive diapers, but some older cheaper ones just in case lol

Puimomma 07-09-2012 01:47 AM

I'm planning to use tiny Gpants with Gdiaper disposable inserts at the hospital. :)

marliah 07-09-2012 11:44 AM

we used preemie prefolds with our dd and the meconium didnt stain them at all. Its the bf poos that make the stains in our experience ;)

I loved using cloth from day 1, cant wait to do it again!

reithegenki 07-10-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marliah (Post 15373292)
we used preemie prefolds with our dd and the meconium didnt stain them at all. Its the bf poos that make the stains in our experience ;)

I loved using cloth from day 1, cant wait to do it again!

That's what we did with DS and it worked wonderfully. No stains at all. It's a myth that meconium stains. Easier to wash out that EBF poo for sure.
We're taking preemie prefolds to the hospital again this time. :)

GumpR 08-03-2012 12:25 AM

Yay I'm so happy to read this! Good news I can use my cloth from the start :)

Umm_Ibraheem 08-03-2012 01:20 AM

first I hear of this! AWESOME btw I thought meconium stains because that's what I kept reading. So I guess I wont be skipping any days in cloth then. :D