Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   How much does your child eat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417710)

busyteacher 07-10-2012 04:53 PM

How much does your child eat?

I'm just curious. How much does your child take at a feeding and how often do they eat? My LO is 2 months old and he takes 6 ounces every 3.5-4 hours.

blueone 07-10-2012 05:57 PM

Re: How much does your child eat?

Dd is 2 months as well and takes 4 ounces every 3.5 hours. But i let her bf in between so im sure its more.

*Peanut* 07-10-2012 08:50 PM

DS is 4 months and drinks 3 oz every 2 hours. He has reflux so he has to have less milk more often. He alternates between BM and AR formula. If its all BM, the vomiting is horrible!

atlantic 07-11-2012 02:49 AM

Our twinsceat 5oz every 3-4 hrs.

mrskfs87 07-11-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Peanut*
DS is 4 months and drinks 3 oz every 2 hours. He has reflux so he has to have less milk more often. He alternates between BM and AR formula. If its all BM, the vomiting is horrible!

That's how my youngest is and he is 3 months old.

busyteacher 07-11-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Peanut* (Post 15382161)

Poor guy! My DS has reflux too. But his is MUCH better since his pedi put him on Zantac.

*Peanut* 07-11-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busyteacher (Post 15384299)
Poor guy! My DS has reflux too. But his is MUCH better since his pedi put him on Zantac.

My DS takes Zantac too. Before that it was awful. :(

blueone 07-11-2012 12:43 PM

DD has reflux too, the silent version though. I can't wait till her ped appointment and am hoping for some medication. She loves to comfort feed sometimes too. I think the coffee I drink makes it worse...same with dark chocolate. Thicker formula just made her worse.

busyteacher 07-11-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueone (Post 15385271)
DD has reflux too, the silent version though. I can't wait till her ped appointment and am hoping for some medication. She loves to comfort feed sometimes too. I think the coffee I drink makes it worse...same with dark chocolate. Thicker formula just made her worse.

Our pedi switched us to Similac Sensitive for Spit up. We were on it a week with no results. I called and talked to the nurse and told her we weren't continuing this for a month amd wanted another solution. So he got a prescription. The nurse did explain that the Zantac will not make the spit up go away, but it takes away the terrible burning sensation. My guy is a happy eater now! If I forget to give it to him I can tell right away. Best decision we ever made.

WilliamsMama 07-12-2012 06:52 AM

I remember when I was breastfeeding (lasted two weeks before the pain was just too much) I thought Will was eating SO much and was going to look like a SUMO. This appetite continued when I was FF/pumping. Then right before 2 months he started hating his bottles and every feeding would be a battle...diagnosed with reflux (is this the doc's answer for everything?) and after 1.5 more months he started eating well again.

When he was 4.5 to 5 months old, he was having 6-7 ounces every 4 hours, for a total between 30 and 35 ounces a day.

Unfortunately, now he is 6.5 months and he acts just TOO busy to eat and we are hating the bottle again. He eats at night, which I am trying to break him of, and hardly anything during the day. I miss the days when he had an appetite!! :( I'm trying to get 28 ounces a day in him so he can go the night without eating.

Oh, and he is on Enfamil Gentlease.