Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ground beef meal ideas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418087)

dancingingrace 07-11-2012 01:05 PM

Ground beef meal ideas?

What are your favorite recipes/ideas for ground beef? I find myself in a rut sometimes, making my same old usual things....spaghetti, pizza cass, meatloaf, burgers, etc. What are some different things that you like to do with ground beef? If you have a yummy recipe, feel free to share!!! :thumbsup:

photocowgirl 07-11-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Ground beef meal ideas?

tacos, burritos, homemade hot pockets/bierocks, ranch supper (corn, beef, baked beans, etc mixed together... can serve with sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, etc...), hamburger helper, stroganoff (sour cream, cream of mush. soup, noodles, beef), chili, tator tot casserole...

Hungry Caterpillar 07-11-2012 02:57 PM

I mostly find myself using it to stuff peppers, especially if I have some italian sausage to mix in.

I also mix it with pureed carrot, sauteed onion and garlic, and some tomato paste and diced tomatoes to make a simple pasta sauce. In the winter I dump this in a casserole pan with some corn and top it with cheese. Sometimes we swap diced tomatoes for salsa. This is my "oops I forgot to plan dinner and only have ten minutes to cook" winter meal.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-11-2012 04:00 PM

I have this yummy rice, beef and cheese thing I make. I'll come back and post the recipe. :thumbsup:

squeakincheeks 07-11-2012 04:00 PM

I LOVE this sweet & sour meatball recipe! We actually just made it again tonite! It's a family favorite!

mrskfs87 07-11-2012 04:22 PM

My mom always made a casserole of ground meat, mashed potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. Baked in the oven for 30-40 minutes on 350 and voila. Delicious.

happysmileylady 07-11-2012 04:31 PM

Cook up some pasta. Brown the ground beef with a little bit of salt, pepper, onion (or dried minced onion is what I use, I don't like regular diced onions) and a little bit of red pepper flake, all to taste. With the ground beef, mix a half a bag of frozen corn (or a can or two of corn) and half a bag of frozen peas (or can) or broccoli cuts. Add a can or two of diced tomatoes, then mix with the ground beef. It's actually really good and it's pretty quick too.

savanna. 07-11-2012 04:41 PM

tacos, chili, hamburger helper, porkupines! so amazing.

dancingingrace 07-12-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savanna. (Post 15386510)
tacos, chili, hamburger helper, porkupines! so amazing.

What are porkupines?

Everything sounds so delicious!! I love new ideas!!! :thumbsup:

Type1Mama 07-19-2012 12:27 PM

A few ideas: chili, nachos, stuffed peppers, enchiladas, mix with eggs for hearty breakfast, taco salad...