Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Rooms. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418694)

trying4more 07-12-2012 07:48 PM

Rooms.

Just throwing this out there.

We have 4 kids. 3 girls. one boy!
We have a pretty big house. 4 bedrooms. 3 bedrooms upstairs and one down. The downstairs bedroom is down a hall, and there is a bathroom down the same hall as well.
Our master bedroom is HUGE with a HUGE bathroom too. The 2 other bedrooms up there are nice size with a bathroom connecting the 2 bedrooms. You have to go into one of the rooms to access the bathroom.

This is what DH and are were thinking.
If the Lord blesses us with more babies, we were thinking of putting all the girls in the master bedroom, and if we have more boys, the boys will go into the other bedrooms. DH and I will move to the downstairs bedroom.
The girls will be responsible for their own bathroom, and the boys will be responsible for their own bathroom as well.
I just think this is a great idea. I just feel that the girls and boys will not have to share their private bathroom space or worry about their stuff being exposed or whatnot.

My sister thinks I'm silly for giving up my bedroom. But I think it's a great idea!

smblake 07-12-2012 08:58 PM

Awesome idea, sil did that in their home. Gave up master for their three girls, 3 boys were split in 2 rooms.

agzip03 07-12-2012 09:19 PM

I like the idea.

MyLovely 07-12-2012 09:43 PM

Re: Rooms.

I think it's ridiculous, the obsession that people have with bedrooms. As long as you have enough space for your belongings and easy access to a bathroom, why does it matter if you and DH have the "master" bedroom? Maybe other people spend more time in their rooms, but around here it's just for sleep/nighttime activities :giggle:

I think it's a great idea.

babycat42 07-12-2012 09:46 PM

I think it's a great idea.

babycat42 07-12-2012 09:48 PM

We gave the kids the bigger room in this house.

AleahDeann 07-13-2012 12:03 AM

Our "master" belongs to our 3 boys :) Its a great and awesome idea!!

stevensmom 07-13-2012 12:08 AM

I personally wouldn't want to be that far away from my kids :hide:

We have 4 bedrooms. 2 of them are master bedrooms. Our big one upstairs. And then one downstairs on the complete opposite side of the house.

When we were pregnant this last time dh commented on having our 5 year old move downstairs. Um no thank you!

Well we don't have to worry about it anymore as we lost the baby.

But I'd think when they are older then yeah that'd be a great plan. But when they are still young I want them close to me.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

AcrossTheUniverse 07-13-2012 01:08 AM

We recently moved from a 2 bedroom apartment. We had to have 4 kids in 1 bedroom so we gave them the master. It made more sense for them to have the bigger space considering we were only in our room at night to sleep but they are in their room all throughout the day playing.

raisingcropsandbabies 07-13-2012 05:28 AM

We gave our 3 boys the biggest room in the house. It made sense to us because they have a bunk bed in there and crib (later a twin bed with a trundle) and they play up there during day. DH and I are only in our room at night!

We have 3 bedrooms (ours, guest, and boys' room). Our daughter will have the guest room when she's older and we'll just boot her out of it when we have overnight guests (thus the trundle bed in the boys' room). I know they could all share the big room, but My dh and his sister shared a bed till he was like 9 and she was 12 and then shared rooms after that, but he hated it. With her being our only girl and my boys being sooo rough and rowdy; I want her to have a girly space for her where she can get away from their antics/michevious-ness.