Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Strange Situation- When to File? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419009)

KumfyKozies 07-13-2012 02:20 PM

Strange Situation- When to File?

I emailed a seller about an item for sale here in the end of June, asking if it was still available. The next day I came down with bronchitis, then the next day my youngest woke up in the middle of the night with croup. The two of us were very sick for a full week and I was unable to make the time to get back on to DS during that time. I logged back in on the 25th, apologized, explained the situation, and asked if it was still available. Even though she wasn't logged in when I sent it, she logged in and responded to me within minutes(which tells me she gets email notification of her PMs so she knew to log-in) to tell me it was. I thanked her and asked her to confirm the PayPal address she'd sent the week before. I know many people have multiple PayPal accounts for different purposes, so I didn't want to assume. When I received no response for four days, I simply sent the funds, including 25% extra and a note with my special thanks for waiting the week before when I had gone MIA while my baby and I were so sick.
It's now been two weeks and now SHE has gone MIA, I have not received the item I paid her for, and she hasn't logged in since I sent her payment. Like I said above, every time I sent her a PM she responded within minutes even though her profile showed she wasn't logged in before I sent it(and showed she was logged-in when she responded) so I believe that's a pretty solid indication that she gets email notifications of her PMs and sees them immediately.
I sent her another message asking what's up, but no response yet. I feel like I should return the courtesy and give her extra grace considering how I made her wait for my payment, but this is getting a little... disconcerting? How would you proceed? When would you file with PayPal? TIA.

EuphoricDysphoria 07-13-2012 02:34 PM

I'd file with PP now.

abunchoflemons 07-13-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Strange Situation- When to File?

I would send one more ds message then wait 3 days if no reply or track oln paypal then file because u can always end it & I find most times I file after no replies then I do get reply from seller.

~happy2Bamommy~ 07-13-2012 02:53 PM

I would file.

Pm me her user name too please.

KumfyKozies 07-13-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 15396273)
I would file.

Pm me her user name too please.

Done! :goodvibes:

mg5g 07-13-2012 05:50 PM

I'd file BUT I wouldn't be upset with her. You sent the money WITHOUT having confirmation on where to send it four days AFTER your last contact with her. It's summer - my guess is she is on vacation and has no clue you sent her money.

KumfyKozies 07-13-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom1mg (Post 15397035)
I'd file BUT I wouldn't be upset with her. You sent the money WITHOUT having confirmation on where to send it four days AFTER your last contact with her. It's summer - my guess is she is on vacation and has no clue you sent her money.

I'm more wondering when I should stop being courteous and start protecting myself. :thumbsup: Plus, she told me to send the funds, then didn't respond to confirm where for four days. She'd already told me to send the funds- don't you think she'd have said something if she was going on vacation five minutes after she told me to send the money and I responded immediately confirming where? Unless you know something I don't? :giggle: JK. But really, I sent the funds because I felt badly she'd already wait a week before while my baby and I were sick and I was not on DS at all. I see now that was a bad choice, but again- I was trying to be courteous, not saving my own hide. Guess that's why I went with Admin(and others) advice and filed with PayPal. It's highly unlikely she'd been on vaca for the last 2.5 weeks(when I last heard from her). :thumbsup:

3lilbubs 07-13-2012 06:53 PM

Yeah and honestly if you only pmed her with interest and not commitment to buy in the first place (at least that's how I read it) I wouldn't feel badly at all! Def. needs a pp claim to hold the funds. Esp. if it did accidentally get sent to the wrong addy since she's never confirmed receipt.

aflyingbuttress 07-13-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lilbubs (Post 15397291)
Yeah and honestly if you only pmed her with interest and not commitment to buy in the first place (at least that's how I read it) I wouldn't feel badly at all! Def. needs a pp claim to hold the funds. Esp. if it did accidentally get sent to the wrong addy since she's never confirmed receipt.

This is what I was thinking. It didn't sound to me like she was actually holding them for you, just that she hadn't sold them to someone else in the meantime. I don't think you have anything to feel bad about. Once she told you to send payment then it's her responsibility to follow up on that and see if you did. I'd send one more PM, tell her you not trying to badger her but you are concerned about whether she got your payment or not, then ask her to respond within the next few days. If she doesn't then file with PP.

mysticmomma1879 07-13-2012 07:06 PM

I'm usually a file now ask questions later. Glad you filed and hope you get an item.