Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Babyhawk marks on dd leg (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419128)

yogamama28 07-13-2012 08:41 PM

Babyhawk marks on dd leg

My babyhawk mt is leaving red marks (almost scratches) on my dd legs. She's 5 months old and is worn legs out. They are just above her knees on her inner legs. She seems comfy when she is being worn and doesn't show any signs of discomfort. I am tying under her butt to try and reduce the pull already. Any ideas or suggestions?

yogamama28 07-13-2012 08:51 PM

I should add that they aren't just superficial... They last a good 24 hours. I wear her while I am out running errands, so she's never in it for more than an hour at a time

clover 07-13-2012 10:49 PM

Re: Babyhawk marks on dd leg

Would you be able/willing to post a pic to see if we can troubleshoot?

L J 07-13-2012 10:56 PM

My dd gets red marks, but they don't last 24 hours. Just a few minutes after taking her off. Does your dd get marks easily from diapers or socks?

Bukawww 07-13-2012 11:16 PM

I wear my 4.5m old in a BH, legs out, and the fabric is completely loose under knees so Im not sure how your LO is getting such severe marks. Sorry, mama...hope you figure it out.

yogamama28 07-14-2012 04:26 AM

I'll load her up in it in the morning and take a picture of her in it. Thanks!

yogamama28 07-14-2012 07:56 AM

Okay, here's some pictures of her in it. Excuse the jammies... Anytime before morning nap time is pj territory around here!
Eta: and yes, she has really fair, sensitive skin.

Bukawww 07-14-2012 09:37 AM

Is the mark coming from the strap or the actual panel? It looks like you could tie the straps under her thighs instead of over maybe?

yogamama28 07-14-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bukawww
Is the mark coming from the strap or the actual panel? It looks like you could tie the straps under her thighs instead of over maybe?

I think the marks must be coming from the actual panel since they are on her inner thigh. I'll have to try your suggestion today and try tying the strap under her thigh. I usually just tie it behind her back and then slide it down under her butt. The strap being on her outer thigh could be putting a lot of pressure on her inner thighs/panels. That would make sense. Thanks for the suggestion!

clover 07-14-2012 09:54 AM

Re: Babyhawk marks on dd leg

OK, I am point out all of the issues I see that may be contributing to the issue in hopes that fixing one or the other or a combination will help!

First, she's off center in the panel/seat. On one side, the edge is bunching up in her knee pit but on the other it's only at her thigh. So try to get her a little more centered so that her weight is more evenly distributed across her bum/thighs.

Second, it looks like you still have some slack in your shoulder straps/body of the carrier that you could get out. When there is slack, more pressure pulls in the bottom of the straps (where you tie the knot) because that becomes the weight bearing part, so to speak. And the last place the straps are coming in to contact with before tying the knot are your DD's legs, so they are pulling a bit there because of the slack too.

Last, you could try a different way to finish tying the shoulder straps. As a PP mentioned, you could just go under your DD's legs instead of over. Or if you have enough strap length, you could cross over her lower back and then go under her legs and tie at your back. Or do a Lexi-Twist, which is when you basically cross the straps twice at the baby's lower back and then go under their legs to tie at the back.

Good luck, I hope you get it figured out!