Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   snaps covers for padfolding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419421)

faiths13 07-14-2012 04:27 PM

snaps covers for padfolding?

what are the best snaps covers for padfolding flats? something that holds them in nice and snug and is trim? i would prefer sized if there are any....we have flips but they are almost too short in the rise, but the bummis super lite are a good length. so im hoping a sized cover will fit better than os. although i was wondering about the thirsties duos and if they maybe have a longer rise than the flips.

omgcupcake 07-14-2012 04:42 PM

The duos don't have flaps. What about capris? I've heard a lot of good things about those.

faiths13 07-14-2012 04:43 PM

Re: snaps covers for padfolding?

i dont need the flap - i dont even use it. i have a capri. it fits ok, but its not that trim and snug. the bummis super lite works really well, i would just love snaps. it reminds me of the fit of the flip.

Alikhlas 07-14-2012 05:16 PM

If you like nanas bottoms fit, she makes covers too. You can get her to make them from the aio pattern and vie heard they're very trim. Also heard great things about the fancy pansy for os stuff.

jessnye 07-14-2012 07:02 PM

I think Econobums are super trim, and they snap. But maybe the rise would be too short?

stephcrouse 07-14-2012 07:06 PM

:popcorn:
Just this afternoon my DS opened his flip aplix cover twice!! I was going to just order snaps instead, but will watch this thread for a bit first. :thumbsup:

Micheliala 07-14-2012 07:43 PM

I don't know about sized but for snaps I like the thirsties duos. I can't remember how they fit compared to the flips... but I did prefer them on my older ds when I was using them for nights. I though they fit bigger but I don't remember now if it was rise or otherwise.

faiths13 07-14-2012 08:16 PM

i like econobums, but the rise would be too short. does anyone know how the rise on the thirsties compares to the flips? im debating ordering a flip with snaps or a thirsties with snaps...or maybe a bummis super snap?

saturn 07-14-2012 10:12 PM

I have Flips, Thirsties duo size 2, Bestbottoms, and Blueberry covers, all with snaps. The Blueberry is the roomiest with a high rise. I actually find it's too roomy for our 16 lber, waiting to see if it will work better in a few months. The Bestbottom is the smallest and has the lowest rise. The duo is good but I like my Flips the best bc the snap tabs are stretchy and the covers just seem trimmer overall. The duo covers with snaps have tabs that always seem to "show" (lumpy) under clothes.
If you don't need flaps, then maybe try a Blueberry. To me, the Thirsties duos dont seem to have much more rise than a Flip.

Hi-Dog 07-14-2012 10:23 PM

I like Thirsties duo wraps for pad folded flats. They fit trimmer than Flips because they come in two adjustable sizes. I have even adjusted the rise just to stuff more in the Thirsties for overnight. I have mostly Thirsties aplix, but the snap one I have is great. . . I could do a commercial for Thirsties. LOL