Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Did anyone cloth diaper twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419737)

Umm_Ibraheem 07-15-2012 02:32 PM

Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

I don't have twins and although I'm expecting and our MW thought we were at the 7 week ultrasound they could only see one baby and hear one heartbeat. No more ultrasounds have been done as I'm wary of them and my blood work continued to have elevated HCG.

Anyway ever since MW brought up the possibility of twins I've been fascinated about the logistics of raising twins. I cloth diapered both my children but wonder how big of a stash do mamas of twin have? How did they manage to CD or nurse? etc.

I'm incredibly curious but for now were you able to CD and if so how many diapers did you have in circulation?

Mamatoabunch 07-15-2012 04:15 PM

Re: Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

I cloth diapered my twins and then all three when I had our third baby. I had about 4 dozen prefolds and a dozen or so covers.

Belle1002 07-15-2012 05:35 PM

I started with 4 dozen infant PFs but scaled back to 3 dozen PFs when we sized up to regular size. And I think I have 10 covers right now. There's really only so much you can fit in the washer!

Brooke789 07-15-2012 05:57 PM

I CD'd my twins once we got home from the hospital (used sposies there). We had 46 XS BG AIOs. After those we went to about 75 BG Elementals. We've had about 15-20 wear out so we're down to about 60. My twins are two now and we've used these exclusively since they were one month old.

thealmightyme 07-15-2012 06:16 PM

I have about 70 in my rotation. That,includes pf's fitteds, AIO AI2 and a few flats.

mama2cntrykids 07-15-2012 06:36 PM

I haven't, but a good friend did. I think she only had 36 OS diapers and it worked out ok. She used Kawaii.

ziursrm 07-16-2012 01:43 AM

I am CDing my twins and I keep a minimal stash. I have 30 pockets and hybrids and I wash every other day. It's tight but it works.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-16-2012 06:23 AM

I CD'd both sets of twins. The second set was born when the first set was 27 months. I CD both sets (4 kids) for a little less than a year. I'll be doing 3 for 6-12 months when this baby is born in Oct. How do we do it? We just do. :giggle: I don't know how many I have in my stash...a LOT. Personally, I like pockets. I tried many different brands, decided on one and then went with it for all of the diapers. To me, it's easier to have 1 brand, especially for my hubby and family.

As for nursing, I nursed both sets also. Again, you just do it. The logistics of it are different for different moms, but for me, I learned to nurse them at the same time and did it that way the majority of the time, especially with the second set. If you do them together it doesn't seem like so much. But, that's just me. I know others who did them separate almost all the time. It's a "do what works for you" situation. :thumbsup:

twinpossible 07-16-2012 09:01 AM

I have cloth diapered my twins since they came home from the NICU. We have about 30ish fitted CDs, about 40 cloth wipes and about 16 pieces of wool as covers. I wish my stash was bigger but it works, I have to do one load of CD laundry a day.
Every child is different with nursing. My twins had horrible nippling issues so I traded off feedings breast and bottle with pumped milk so I knew they were getting enough. It was helpful because my hubby could help feed them.

raymark 07-16-2012 09:15 AM

I had at least 50 per LO and washed every night. The most important thing about preparing to CD for 2 NBs is to choose the fastest options possible and always ave sposies available in the beginning months......DH took a lot of paternity leave, but after he returned to work one LO was always left to cry & scream while her sister was being diapered. Most new LOs never have to wait, and it's stressful for them & heartbreaking for you!