Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   skin to skin (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420085)

pottermomma 07-16-2012 11:00 AM

skin to skin

I'm doing it right now for the first time in weeks! Why haven't i been doing this everyday??? I absolutely love it! It does make me miss breastfeeding though...

miacatherine 07-17-2012 11:31 AM

Re: skin to skin

I'm normally in a tank top with a low cut neck and that's where she prefers to be, so we're skin-to-skin. If she's having an especially rough night we normally will do a bath and then skin to skin until she falls asleep. She gets super hot (like her dad and brother), though, so once she's asleep I have to put a shirt with a higher collar on or lay her down.

hohaas 07-18-2012 11:20 AM

I haven't done much of it but I really should do it more, esp after bath time

KatrinaLoves 07-25-2012 11:15 AM

I feel like a monster admitting this, but I don't enjoy doing skin to skin. The twins sweat a lot like their father, and I dunno... Even if they're not sweating a ton, I just don't like It :-/
I could hug and kiss and snuggle them all day (and I do, hehe), but whenever I wear them I make sure there's a fabric barrier between us to prevent the "stick".
As a very young child I had some sensory issues, and the skin stick is one of them. I don't even like snuggling with my own husband for very long without that layer of clothes on.
:-( I know how beneficial it is too, so I wish I could be more on board with it. :sadno:

Only 07-25-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves
I feel like a monster admitting this, but I don't enjoy doing skin to skin. The twins sweat a lot like their father, and I dunno... Even if they're not sweating a ton, I just don't like It :-/
I could hug and kiss and snuggle them all day (and I do, hehe), but whenever I wear them I make sure there's a fabric barrier between us to prevent the "stick".
As a very young child I had some sensory issues, and the skin stick is one of them. I don't even like snuggling with my own husband for very long without that layer of clothes on.
:-( I know how beneficial it is too, so I wish I could be more on board with it. :sadno:

I think we should do an arranged marriage between one of your sweaty boys and my sweaty girl. She's like a little furnace. When we lay down to nurse she instantly gets warm and sweaty. :giggle: I probably change her more frequently because sweat rather than spit up or typical baby stuff. Lol.

stlittleton 07-25-2012 08:11 PM

I like doing skin to skin, but Milo gets sweat head so bad. One day there was a puddle on my chest. I'm not even joking, an actual puddle.. I thought maybe it was drool from his nuk. Nope mouth was dry, but his head was soaked!

EmmaGM 07-25-2012 11:01 PM

I guess I don't really do this specifically. Faolan HATES being dressed and undressed so.. yeah, rather not deal with the screaming. But our tummies are skin to skin a lot during BFing.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum

jaelynsmommy61607 07-28-2012 03:39 AM

We both sweat badly so we only to skin to skin in the shower.

foggierbard9 08-07-2012 01:14 PM

I love to do skin to skin with Aleyna but she sweats so bad that I don't do it that much....even when I am nursing her, if I hold her head, my hand is soaked in sweat and her hair is dripping.