Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   c/s and tubal recovery (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420789)

luvthefluff 07-17-2012 05:10 PM

c/s and tubal recovery

having my second c/s in 4 weeks...and POSSIBLY having my tubes tied at the same time. has anyone had their tubes tied during a c section? and is the recovery any worse than just recovering from a c/s? just wondering what to expect altho we haven't fully decided if I am getting "fixed" or if he is :giggle:

raisingcropsandbabies 07-17-2012 06:03 PM

Re: c/s and tubal recovery

I asked my doc that and he said it should not feel any different or take any longer than a regular c/s recovery. That held true for my SIL.

I wanted to have the "tubal talk" with my doctor while I was pregnant with my 4th baby. He was not happy about it at all. His advice was if you are not sure BEFORE you get pregnant, then don't decide WHILE you are pregnant. He sees a high rate of regret when women make such a lifelong decision while they are pregnant. And he certainly doesn't like that some women get a tubal done when they are "mostly" sure just because they are opened up on the c-section table. It's convenient to do it all at once, but that shouldn't play into reasonings.

I ended up not doing it and am glad I didn't have a tubal. I still don't know if we'll have another one, but I want to feel 100% at peace with whatever decision we make, without pregnancy hormones running through me, being tired of incubating, etc. Hindsight really did make me realize how much the doc was right about deciding such things when pregnant (I had wondered throughout the pregnancy, but really started contemplating things around week 35 of pregnancy).

Just my two cents.

masja 07-17-2012 06:33 PM

I did back in April, tho the new procedure they take out the tubes. I didn't feel any different recovery wise, just took a bit longer in the or and I was really bruised along my incision but that was due to the new dr that did it, she did a lousy job on it :(

blane,j,&morgansmom 07-17-2012 06:35 PM

I was 'fixed' during my 3rd section. The healing wasn't any different as far as pain or duration than the two previous surgeries.

sunshine_mama 07-17-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blane,j,&morgansmom
I was 'fixed' during my 3rd section. The healing wasn't any different as far as pain or duration than the two previous surgeries.

Same for me. If anything, if was my easiest recovery.

luvthefluff 07-17-2012 07:29 PM

sweet thanks guys!

becky1231 07-18-2012 11:18 AM

I had my tube cut tied and burned during my last c section and I noticed no difference in healing with this one then I did with my other c section

austinandashlynsmommy 07-18-2012 12:14 PM

I haven't had the procedure yet, but will be in 6 weeks. I was wondering the same things. My ob (who has done my previous 3 Cs as well) has assured me that I won't notice a difference in recovery but it's nice to hear it from mamas who have actually experienced it. This will be my fourth C-section though so he did say that due to possible scar tissue build up, each consecutive section can take a little bit longer in general.

schtephanie 08-23-2012 12:11 PM

I am having this done with my upcoming c-section and I was told it wouldn't make recovery any worse, such a relief.

luvthefluff 09-26-2012 10:39 AM

yep we are 6 weeks post pardom now and so far the recovery was no different than my last