Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CAN challenge? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420867)

2boysmama 07-17-2012 08:15 PM

CAN challenge?

Have you heard about the CAN challenge? http://www.thecanchallenge.com/about.php

I timed dh tonight. He took Colt's legs out of his pjs then I started the timer. He took off the wet diaper, rubbed on some cjs, put his night diaper on (a super stuffed pocket), put his legs back in pjs, stood C up then I stopped the timer. It was 56 seconds! Wooohooo! DH could do a prefold with one hand when Colt was a newborn (I'm so sad that I never took a video of it.) Anyway, we are going next week to the local diaper store for him to do it officially, I was just wondering if any other daddies have done it yet and what there times were. Any body want to share?

A.Fred 07-17-2012 08:30 PM

Re: CAN challenge?

I totally would! but there are no official places near me :(

Tina5834 07-17-2012 09:27 PM

Stop giving out this secret! I want my friend's hubby to win!!

2boysmama 07-17-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 15416860)
Stop giving out this secret! I want my friend's hubby to win!!

:giggle2: ya' know I actually did think about that before I started the thread. I didn't want to spoil dh's chances at that prize! My sis is getting ready to have a baby (about 3 more weeks I think!) and that would be a huge help to her. BUT I figured with the voucher to maybe win a freetime that was pretty good too. It says 1 in 10 wins! It also says on the site that participants can enter more than once...I wonder if they get more than one chance at a freetime?

ETA: What was his time? Do you know? :winkeye:

pagodagirl 07-17-2012 10:25 PM

My hubby totally wanted to enter, but since he works part time at cotton babies he can't, boo! He's a diaper changing machine ;)

Tina5834 07-17-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boysmama

:giggle2: ya' know I actually did think about that before I started the thread. I didn't want to spoil dh's chances at that prize! My sis is getting ready to have a baby (about 3 more weeks I think!) and that would be a huge help to her. BUT I figured with the voucher to maybe win a freetime that was pretty good too. It says 1 in 10 wins! It also says on the site that participants can enter more than once...I wonder if they get more than one chance at a freetime?

ETA: What was his time? Do you know? :winkeye:

Edit: apparently I was wrong! Oops!

mrspopo 07-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagodagirl (Post 15417137)
My hubby totally wanted to enter, but since he works part time at cotton babies he can't, boo! He's a diaper changing machine ;)

Whenever I've gone in there's one guy there that is just awesome... maybe that's him? I can't imagine there's too many guys working there. If so, congrats on a great guy that knows enough about cloth to work in a store :)

I've tried to convince DH but he kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads. Maybe I can tell him times other people are getting and see if he'd at least let me time him... appeal to his competative side! I really don't think I'll get him in for an official time.

pagodagirl 07-17-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspopo

Whenever I've gone in there's one guy there that is just awesome... maybe that's him? I can't imagine there's too many guys working there. If so, congrats on a great guy that knows enough about cloth to work in a store :)

I've tried to convince DH but he kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads. Maybe I can tell him times other people are getting and see if he'd at least let me time him... appeal to his competative side! I really don't think I'll get him in for an official time.

Yup, that's him!!! Swoon.

me_just_me 07-17-2012 11:36 PM

I wish we had some place close that was doing it so my DH could give it a go. He is pretty fast!

Kissed by the Moon 07-18-2012 01:56 AM

we're doing it. I've heard though that the top time was something crazy like 1 second so I think it will be hard to beat!