Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I know this has been discussed a million times-final update#75. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420879)

champatlife 07-17-2012 09:38 PM

I know this has been discussed a million times-final update#75.

but argh, I'm so annoyed and hurt right now. We're having our first boy, and my husband and I cannot agree on circumcision. "He" has a million reasons why it should be done, and doesn't care what is really fact vs opinion, or what's really been disproven, and I honestly have two plain and simple reasons.

I think my baby will be born perfectly just the way he should be, and I don't want to hurt the baby for something so superficial.

We went to the doc today, and my husband brought it up, and the doctor was obviously very pro circ. "Do you want the pros or cons first?" I said cons. "Well, there really isn't any cons unless you're doing it for religious reasons." Pros: and then had a grocery shopping list of "reasons". My husband literally silently cheering him on. Then my husband went to work and asked all the guys if their sons were or not, only one wasn't, and naturally the one had to say, "I wish we would have" (wether this was from peer pressure or legit).

We were talking about it a bit ago, and I just started crying, and he said, "okay well we don't have to talk about it while you're pregnant." I feel so nauseated thinking about it. I looked up the method the doctor uses and it just made it worse. BLEGH!!

Joyful Tie Dyes 07-17-2012 09:43 PM

Re: I know this has been discussed a million times.

I don't know how any medical professional can say there are "no cons". How sad.

*KaiMom* 07-17-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15416654)

:werd: How can death not be a con?:banghead:

Fishie Kisses 07-17-2012 10:06 PM

Our good friends are having the same debate. She thinks it's completely unnecessary and her brother is intact and just fine. Her DH is circ'd and is playing the "look like daddy" card. She's really not sure how to handle it because she feels like since she doesn't have a penis, she just doesn't understand.

raymark 07-17-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15416654)

From my experience, liberally minded health care providers, as well as those who are truly seeking to be the best docs they can be leave the military service ASAP. For those that stay, their job is typically 60% military and 40% healthcare while using outdated equipment. I was a USAF flight medic once upon a time and one of the predominate reasons DH and I separated from the USAF was because we very strongly agreed that there were way better health care options for our children. The medical referral process within military healthcare is also predominately based on cost - so sad.

Connor 07-17-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes

Because not all "professionals" are truly educated.

JeDeeLenae 07-17-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *KaiMom*

:werd: How can dealth not be a con?:banghead:

Right?!?!

I would have really questioned his judgment after that!

champatlife 07-17-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymark (Post 15416778)
From my experience, liberally minded health care providers, as well as those who are truly seeking to be the best docs they can be leave the military service ASAP. For those that stay, their job is typically 60% military and 40% healthcare while using outdated equipment. I was a USAF flight medic once upon a time and one of the predominate reasons DH and I separated from the USAF was because we very strongly agreed that there were way better health care options for our children. The medical referral process within military healthcare is also predominately based on cost - so sad.

We are seeing a civilian provider and nowhere near a military installation. So, its not the case in this scenerio. However he's the only delivering physician who takes our insurance in the area (and hes 40 miles away)

Tina5834 07-17-2012 10:25 PM

My husband left it up to me. He said that if there are any ill effects in the future it will be on me! Like if he 'gets made fun of' in the locker room it will be my fault. Just straight tell him you aren't getting it done unless he can come up with a good enough reason to do it and 'because everyone else does it' isn't a good reason.

ktmelody 07-17-2012 10:30 PM

:hugs: no major advice but you dont have to consent to the procedure.

There are no pros that are worth it and even the AAP agrees with that.